Fallingforyou - Bucky Barnes x Reader

Words: 804
Pairing: Bucky Barnes x Reader
Warnings: none
Requested by bucky-blue-eyes
"Do you still do song-based imagines? I think they're so clever and I love them! I'd love to read something cute a fluffy about Bucky based on "Fallingforyou" by The 1975 if you've got the time :)"
Summary: Based on the song Fallingforyou by The 1975, you're on the run with Cap and his team. It forces you to spend time with Bucky, and you come to terms with your feelings.
Author's Note: Shorter fic, but I think it turned out so cute, and I really like it ^-^

I think I'm falling, I'm falling for you.

*Edited*

---

You had heard Steve talk about this Bucky guy. And you hated him more than anything. He sounded like someone you wouldn't like to be around.

You don't know exactly why you didn't like him. But apparently, he was found. And when he was found, it was when the Avengers was splitting into two teams.

You didn't choose a side.

If there was a time you could have chosen to go to Asgard with Thor or disappear with Banner, you wished that you could go now.

You saw both sides of the Accords, and felt you wouldn't do either.

You went with Steve and Sam to Peggy's funeral, which led to finding Bucky; what a weird way to end that day.

When you met Bucky, you really wanted to hate him. You couldn't seem to, though. Steve had seen a bit of his journal, and told you what he saw.

And when he went crazy after he was brought into the facility (after you, Steve and Sam got caught too), you were right there when Bucky was being hidden. It was clear you were leaning towards Cap's side, but you'd never admit that.

You saw how Bucky looked when he woke up with his arm being held. He seems so happy that he remembered stuff about Steve, and you started to like him more and more.

---

After the main stages of the Civil War, you had really liked him. But he couldn't seem to figure it out, which was funny.

Since you never signed the accords, you were on Cap's team, even though you could see both sides. So you were running with them, which meant that you were with Bucky.

He had started to adjust to being on a team. You and Bucky had made great friends, and you kept hinting flirts. It never seemed to work; he was basically oblivious.

One day, you and Bucky were left at the hidden base because he was injured, and you decided to stay back to help.

You desperately had a crush on him, but you didn't want to ruin your friendship by scaring him.

When you had looked at Bucky's leg, he had stopped you to speak. "Don't think I'm weird?" He started.

"Why would I think that?" You smiled as you re-wrapped the injured part.

He shrugged. "Because I'm weird."

You smiled. "Me too, dude."

He sighed. "Do you think I'd ever find someone who loves me?" Bucky asked.

You tilted your head to look at him, cocked an eyebrow, and sighed. "Are you serious?" You asked.

Bucky sighed too. "It was a stupid question, sorry."

"No, it wasn't stupid." You said, going back to wrapping his leg.

"But you didn't answer..." Bucky said quietly.

You looked back up. "I do think it's possible, Bucky. You're a great guy, and I love hanging out with you." You said.

"Even with the arm? And my past...?" He asked.

You smiled. "If they truly loved you, they wouldn't care about you having a metal arm, or where you came from. They should just care what is going on with you now. The past is the past." You said and finished his leg. "There, better?"

"I guess you're right." He said. "Thank you."

You laughed. "I don't think anyone would be able to love me."

Bucky gave you a weird look. "What do you mean?"

"I'm an assassin. Getting a boyfriend or girlfriend is hard for me."

"If I'm able to find love, then you definitely can," Bucky told you.

You shrugged. "You know, when Steve first told me about you, I was sure I would hate you."

"Oh, sorry." He said.

"No, it's not like that anymore." You told him.

"Then what is it like?" Bucky asked.

"Honestly, I think I'm falling; I'm falling for you." You said quietly.

Bucky looked at you with an unreadable face. "Really?"

"Yeah, you haven't been getting my dropped hints, so I had to tell you. I understand if you don't feel the same," You sighed and looked down at your legs.

Bucky reached over and grabbed your hand with his metal arm. You didn't look up, so he reached up and grabbed your chin lightly.

"At first, I didn't want to get to know anybody. But then you talked to me, and you were the reason I worked with the fact that I was different, and was able to be on a team." Bucky told you. "You really can't tell how nervous I am around you? Especially when we're alone?"

You shook your head. "You must be good at hiding it." You chuckled. "That, or I'm just oblivious."

Bucky laughed a bit.

"So," You started. "Are you going to be here and catch me from my fall?"

He smiled and nodded. "I'd be honored to."