The Variable - Bucky Barnes x Reader, Avengers & Reader

Words: 1729
Pairing: Avengers & Reader, lil bit of Bucky Barnes x Reader
Featuring: Avengers Team, Brock Rumlow
Warnings: Swearing, poison, fighting
Requested by anon
Summary: Being the most powerful Avenger on the team makes you a good target for HYDRA. One evening, when celebrating after a successful mission, a man you've run into far too many times shows up to try to take you out.
Author's Note: I had fun with this one. I love OP Y/N! 

*Edited*

---

"So, are you here all alone tonight?" The random man asked.

You shrugged and took a sip of your drink, "Actually-"

"Come on, dear!" Your boyfriend walked up behind you, a huge smile on his face, "The rest are waiting for us." Bucky wrapped his arm around you and slowly started to guide you away from the bar and the man. The man seemed oddly familiar to you, but you were sure you had never seen him before.

"I just got my drink, Bucky; calm down. We have all night to celebrate!" You laughed as Bucky began to kiss your cheek.

All the while, as you walked across the bar up until settling down at the table with the rest of the Avengers, you were being watched. Of course, you didn't know this; the person watching you knew how to stay hidden.

The man put his finger up to his ear, "We got unlucky; they're dating Barnes, and they're with the whole rest of their little team," The man you had been talking to earlier reported.

"Well, if you are as good as you think you are, Rumlow, you'll figure out a way to get Barnes out of the question and easily get rid of them." One of the head HYDRA agents told Agent Rumlow.

Rumlow had a master disguise on. He went all out to make sure he wouldn't be caught by you, or frankly, anyone else. Rumlow started to analyze your table. There were two super-soldiers, two men made of iron, two birds, two enhanced, an assassin, some guy who turned green, a god, and you: The Variable.

Out of twelve others Rumlow named off, you were easily the strongest out of all of them. You had fantastic enhancements and could take anyone down. HYDRA needed you gone; you're too strong to have around, especially for everything they're planning. And Rumlow had the perfect idea of not getting killed while trying to kill you: poison.

They call you The Variable for a reason; because of all you can do. You could freeze things, burn things. You had enhanced strength and even some flying; it was insane all you could do. And with being able to shapeshift to look like any other person, you were becoming a problem to every villain to the point where you could infiltrate any base by looking like an ordinary agent and end up taking out their whole Team. HYDRA needed you gone.

"I can't believe he said that!" You laughed about Steve's story, "Bucky was so lame back then!"

"Hey!" Bucky jokingly slapped your arm.

"Why are you dating this guy again?" Natasha leaned over to you, saying it just loud enough for Bucky to hear.

"You better watch that answer," Bucky warned, pointing at the both of you.

"Oh shut up," Steve started, "Together, they could take you down before you could even say two words."

"Thank you, Steve!" You smiled, "But I guess I'm dating him because he won me over with this cheesy pick-up line."

"Cheesy pick-up line?" Wanda laughed from the other side of Steve, "I would love to hear it!"

"Oh, it was very cringe-worthy," You nodded.