Voicemail - Bucky Barnes x pregnant!Reader

Words: 1510
Pairing: Bucky Barnes x pregnant!Reader
Featuring: Steve Rogers, Tony Stark, Natasha Romanoff, Sam Wilson, others mentioned
Warnings: Angst, Kidnapping, Fighting, Hydra, Guns/Shooting, Mentions Death
Requested by anon
Summary: As Bucky's pregnant fiancé, you make a good target. Thanks to the voicemail you left, the Team has a place to start.
Author's Note: Lots of time skips. Lots of angst. Hurt/comfort. They/them pronouns used for reader, but they are pregnant.

*Edited*

---

"Buck, watch out!" Bucky's head shot up when Steve's voice went through the comms.

Bucky held his arm up when bullets were fired at him; they bounced off his arm and hit some HYDRA agents.

"Coming for you, Barnes!" Natasha yelled and landed on Bucky's back; he spun around as she shot at the enemies.

It was a nightmare, HYDRA and some of the Earth's biggest villains teamed up and were trying to take over the world- or destroy it, whichever came first. While Bucky was out there fighting for the world, you were hiding away at the Avengers base (the only place he felt you would be safe), worrying about your fiancé.

The doctor, the fiancé, and the team told you not to watch the news. All over the TV would be the Avengers fighting. Seeing Bucky potentially getting hurt would be bad for you, and the doctor told you it would cause stress and could harm the baby.

You stared at your computer in your bedroom. You were reading a post about your love, how he had fans. He never thought he could have someone that wasn't you actually look up to him. You couldn't wait to show him the post when he got back.

Before a few weeks ago, you and Bucky had your own apartment in New York. He didn't want you near the base in fear of getting hurt or scared. But when the first attack hit only blocks away, he had you come to the Avengers base; he knew you would be safe there.

You shut your computer when you heard door after door slam open. You knew it wasn't the Avengers; they wouldn't be that loud with just getting back. Plus, Bucky would call you before they got back to let you know that it was just them.

It wasn't them.

You grabbed your phone and called Bucky. You knew he wouldn't pick up, but you could leave a message if anything bad were to happen. You went into the emergency exit, which was also a secret door that led you to another room that Bucky called your panic room.

No one was supposed to find you in there. And they weren't going to, because they were already there, waiting for you.

"Oh, perfect. You came to us," The person standing across from you had a mask over his face, only his eyes were showing, "Makes this a whole lot easier."

"Who is this again?" A lady behind you spoke up when she grabbed your arm tightly.

"The Winter Soldier's lover," The man responded, "And it looks like they have a child on the way. Perfect for ransom."

You looked around, and it seemed there were now ten people surrounding you, "Please, don't hurt me," You whispered and didn't make eye contact.

---

Bucky met the team on the quinjet with beat faces. They defended off HYDRA for today, and he was content with that, and he assumed the team would be too. "What's going on?" He asked when he saw a few jaws drop when he entered.