Respect Your Elders - Avengers & Reader

Words: 1053
Pairing: Avengers & teen!Reader
Featuring: Tony, Peter Parker, Steve
Warnings: swearing, sarcasm, fighting
Requested by anon
Summary: Being a teenage Avenger can be tricky work, but being bossed around by Tony is even trickier. Maybe both of you need to learn some respect.
Author's Note: I think this one is so fun! It mentions some angst about being a teenager with powers and how difficult I think it could be. Also i love tony.

*Edited*

---

"Seriously?" You groaned with an eye roll when Tony walked past the couch, taking your phone.

"Yes, seriously," Tony rolled his eyes back at you, "You need to socialize, you filthy teenager."

"I'll socialize when I'm older and don't know how to use social media," You snatched your phone away from him.

"You-" Tony was cut off by Steve shouting for him before he could criticize you anymore.

"Oh, guess you have to go report to the big boss. Have fun!" You smirked and pushed him out of the room, looking back at your phone to send a text.

Clicking on Peter Parker's contact name, you texted him. 

Filthy Teenager: Let's hang out and complain about Tony

Run Away It's A Spider: I'm so down

---

"I didn't ask for this," You sighed, scrolling through your phone.

"What do you mean?" Peter asked, sitting next to you, watching you look at social media.

"Do you have a Tumblr, Peter? Follow me," You nodded, ignoring his question.

"(Y/N)," He started, "What did you mean?"

Sitting up, you sighed. "I didn't ask to have powers. I didn't ask to live on my own for so long because no one knew what was wrong with me. I didn't ask Tony to act like he's in charge of me. I never asked to become an Avenger," You told him, each memory stinging a bit every time.

"But hasn't it turned out all right?" Peter raised an eyebrow, "Like, you can use your elemental powers to help people; you have a home to live in, you know Tony is looking out for you, and you're doing stuff with your life!" He tried to help, but it only made you angrier.

"I don't know, Peter, my life was going just fine without the weight of being a teenager and being an Avenger stuck on my shoulders," You shrugged, fell back on your bed, and looked through Tumblr again.

Peter sat in silence and laid back down next to you, "I'm sorry you feel that way. Maybe you should come to school with me one day," He suggested.

"Do you really think that would be a good idea?" You raised your eyebrow, "I haven't been to school in so many years; I don't think that would go well."

Peter looked down, opened his mouth to say something, but then closed his mouth. He didn't know what to say. But to his luck, FRIDAY called for you to go to Tony's lab.

You groaned, rolling out of your bed, "I'll see you later," You told Peter.

It took you a few minutes to walk across the base to get to Tony's lab. That left you passing by Steve, Natasha, and Sam and your thoughts on why Tony wanted to see you.

"What's up?" You asked, stuffing your phone into your pocket and plopping down into one of the spinny chairs.

"We need to have a talk."

You groaned, "That never starts well."

"What is this about you blowing off all your training sessions with everyone you've been assigned to work with?" Tony questioned, not facing you.

You shrugged, even though you knew he couldn't see you. "I wasn't feeling it."

"Listen, I know you are still a kid, but you have to take this seriously. You have a very particular set of powers that we could really use if you master them, but you aren't working at that," Tony explained, finally turning around to look at you.

"Exactly, I'm still a kid. I have every right to enjoy my teenage years as I please and not have to be bossed around by you every waking moment," You argued, sitting up more.

"You aren't normal, though. You will never live a normal life, and that is just something you need to accept," Tony sighed, and you only realized this is a conversation you didn't want to hear. So, you began to zone out.

You started to think about what it would be like to be a typical teenager and live a normal life. Go to school, make awkward friends, and actually go out without being scared. It would all be so lovely, but it was something you could never have, which hurt.

Every so often, words from Tony would slip into your thoughts. "And I completely understand that as a teenager, you get more into emotions, but you need to work on the mood. Sometimes it can be a real downer- are you even listening?" Tony looked offended when he realized you weren't paying attention.

Snapping back into reality, you smirked. "Nope," You stood up, walking closer to him, "I get you're trying to protect me, but you need to calm down. You aren't my father or anyone even related to me; you're just some old man who seems to show his caring in a really strange way," You said as you went to turn around and leave the room.

"If I'm just some old man, then you should learn to drop the sarcasm and respect your elders," Tony called out, making you stop.

You scoffed at his response. "I'll start respecting my elders when you start respecting yours."

"And you mean...?"

"Steve and Bucky. You're so rude to them, tone it down a notch," You reasoned, going to walk out again.

"Why are you so difficult?" He groaned, and you heard him sit in his chair.

Once you got to the door, you turned your head the slightest to see Tony. "Like you said, I'm just a filthy teenager."

---

After two weeks of your disagreement with Tony and the silent treatment, you recognized that it was over something stupid. You do have it good with the Avengers, and you should probably calm down a bit with Tony.

"(Y/N)!" Steve came running towards you.

"I'm just heading to training. Am I late?" You worried, pulling out your phone to check.

"No, no, but, what happened to Tony? He's being nicer to Bucky and me?" Steve gave you a confused look, trying to process the whole situation.

"That son of a bitch," You mumbled with a laugh, "I guess I have to respect him now."

Tony smirked when he heard you say that, "Damn right you do," He reminded you, running away from the speaker before you could yell at him.