St. Patrick - Bucky Barnes x Reader

Words: 885
Pairing: Bucky Barnes x Reader
Featuring: Tony Stark, Steve Rogers, Natasha Romanoff
Warnings: swearing, slight ooc bucky
Requested by @bucky-blue-eyes
Summary: Loosely based on the song St. Patrick by PVRIS, Steve thinks it's a good idea to get you and Bucky together, and tries his best to make it clear.
Author's Note: I don't have a time frame for this one but we're at the Compound and Bucky works with the Avengers so do with that what you will.

*Edited*

---

You danced around slightly as you mixed different ingredients into a bottle. Tony was laughing at you, but you didn't notice since you had your headphones in.

And all of a sudden, Tony was in your face with a cheesy smile. "You're not even listening to music; why are you so cheery?" He asked, moving your headphones off your head, and almost causing you to spill some ingredients.

"Careful!" You scolded Tony, and he backed away from your station.

"Will you answer my question?" He didn't even reply to your yell; he was just a curious piece of shit.

You sighed. "It's none of your business."

"If you want to keep this job, then it seems to be my business," Tony smirked and crossed his arms.

"You wouldn't fire me because of my personal life." You stuck your tongue out and poured a solution into the bottle, causing a tiny poof of fog to come out, and you smiled.

"Fine, whatever. What are you making?" He asked.

"It's a love potion." You laughed slightly, using quotation marks. 

"Ooooh, for who?"

You shook your head. "Steve asked me to make him some pink solution and put a heart label on it. I don't know why." You said as you mixed the colors.

"Oh, you're no fun." Tony crossed his arms.

You laughed as you finished mixing your random concoction. "I'll catch ya later." You grabbed the bottle and walked out to find Steve.

---

"I had you make it for you," Steve confessed.

"What do you mean?" You have a confused look.

"You know, for Bucky." He smiled.

You laughed. "You're crazy, Rogers."

Steve rolled his eyes. "Come on; I know you like him."

You shrugged. "I mean, he's cool. I don't think it would ever work out, though."

Steve raised an eyebrow. "Alright, if that's your excuse for today." He smiled and took the 'chemicals' from you, to run off.

"Hey, Buck!" Steve walked up to him.

"Hi, Steve." Bucky replied. "What do you have?"

"Just a little something to help you and (Y/N) get together." Steve sprayed the mint-scented, pink water in Bucky's face.

"What?" Bucky wiped his face off.

"Don't tell anyone, but it's a love potion." Steve whispered.

"Natasha," Bucky stopped her from walking past this while encounter. "I think Steve has finally reached his insanity point."

"What now?" Natasha laughed at her friends.

"He's just gone insane."

"I had (Y/N) make a love potion so I could get them to finally realize that they're in love." Steve said. Natasha laughed, patted his shoulder, and walked away, shaking her head at the crazy boys.

---

A week passed and you had begun to think about Bucky a lot. Just because of what Steve had said, how you guys should get together. And now, you couldn't seem to get him off your mind. You two hadn't really talked much, but you only seemed to want to talk about Bucky.

Every time you had gone to try to talk to Bucky, he awkwardly managed to sneak away, avoiding you.

"He's great, Tony; you don't understand." You gushed.

"What's so great about him?" Tony had gotten tired of you talking about him so much, but there seemed to be no way to escape you, so he just went along with it.

"He's actually sweet, okay, hear me out. He has like, a heart of gold. And his metal arm is really cool, but it's got a sense of softness when he's being chill. I just like him." You smiled lightly.

"He's coming to the lab," Tony told you, sounding bored of the whole conversation.

You acted cool as Bucky walked in to the lab. You expected him to go over to Tony, but he walked right up to you.

"What was in that thing you gave Steve?" He asked, backing you up against your table.

You chuckled. "Uh, a bit of perfume, colored water, and mint scent." You said. "Why? Something wrong?"

"Steve sprayed me in the face with it and said your name and you haven't left my mind all week." He grumbled his metal arm next to you, closing you against the desk.

You gave him a weird look. "You put something in there." He claimed.

"No?"

"I know it's chemicals that make me cling to you." He said.

You laughed. "I didn't put any chemicals in there, just some scents and water." You shrugged.

"They won't stop talking about you either" Tony yelled from across the room. "I bet it was Steve talking to you guys about one another that got you so obsessed."

Bucky gave you a confused look. "Yeah, you give me something to talk about." You smiled, shyly and tried to look away. But Bucky was too close to really move.

"Really?" He asked, moving his head up.

You nodded. "As well, you give me something to think about that's not the shit in my head." You told him, looking back up, and your faces were almost touching.

Nothing was said, but Bucky slowly closed the gap in between you two and kissed you. And you, kissed back. The kiss wasn't desperate, but sweet and loving, like you guys had wanted to do this for a long time.

Bucky pulled away after a second. "God, you're a miracle."