Shatter - Clint Barton & Reader

Words: 1406
Pairing: Clint Barton & Reader (platonic)
Featuring: Steve Rogers, Tony Stark, Vision
Warnings: mentions death and killing
Requested by Silverwingedfox
Summary: The Avengers have their eye on someone who is very powerful, but they aren't sure what they're dealing with. You have the power to control energy waves, and it can get dangerous if you're not careful. Luckily, Clint Barton wants to help you out.

Author's Note: I really enjoyed this one, it's so different from my other requests and fics! Also, you are young but no age is mentioned.

*Edited*

---

Clint was beyond bored. He was walking around the facility with nothing to do. Natasha was on a mission, Wanda was training, and he didn't feel any need to practice. He never misses.

He found himself walking into the common room where Tony, Steve, and Vision had a screen open with a video playing. He stopped and watched.

The video had a person wearing a hoodie hiding their face as they walked through a small town. They looked around like they knew they were being watched, or they were just scared.

Clint walked closer. "Who is that?" He asked.

All three heads turned to him, and Steve looked back at the screen. "We don't really know." He started. "They've popped up on our radar three times in the last month, though."

"There's a report that we may think comes from them," Tony added.

"And? What does it say?" Clint asked.

"A twenty-six-year-old male was found dead in the middle of a forest. Bones, muscles, everything but their heart: shattered." Vision spoke like he was the news reporter.

"There were no fingerprints, but a strand of hair was found near the body. The DNA matched with no one, and when we scan this face, they aren't in any system." Tony continued.

"It's like they don't even exist," Steve sighed.

"Then how does this person get matched with this case?" Clint was confused at this point. At least something interesting finally happened.

"The video," Tony said and unpaused the video.

The video continued and this person approached a man. They exchanged some words, and the man looked angry, and the hoodie person looked scared out of their mind. As the man got madder and started stomping closer to the unnamed person, the man fell to the ground with just a stare from the other person. He yelled in pain, and the person ran off as they screamed.

"What does that show us?" Clint asked, scared for the answer.

"Almost all their bones were shattered," Steve said.

"This person is dangerous." Tony said, "We can't have them out there with that kind of power." He continued. "I was just about to head off to go find them."

"No," Clint said as he looked back at the video at the scared face. He didn't want them to get hurt; he could help them. "I'll find them."

And Clint began his search to find you.

---

You walked around the airport in your hoodie, hoping no one would anger or scare you. You needed to get out of this town, and soon.