Love Me Harder (2/2) - Bucky Barnes x Reader

Words: 1149
Pairing: Bucky Barnes x Reader
Featuring: Steve Rogers
Warnings: I think there's a swear word?
Requested by @sexymackstan
"More Bucky Barnes! To the song "love me harder" by Ariana grande ft weeknd ( can be the sequel to You and I ) ?"
Summary: Based on the song Love Me Harder by Ariana Grande ft. The Weeknd, you and Bucky are back together. But recently, you've been feeling like he doesn't want to be with you. You keep trying to confront him, but he seems to get around answering.
Author's Note: Also loosely based on the song. More so based on the idea of loving harder than actual lyrics.

*Edited*

You gotta, gotta, gotta, gotta, got to love me harder

---

"Where are you?" You asked into the phone.

"What do you mean? I'm at the facility. Where else would I be?" Bucky asked.

You sighed. "Out? At a restaurant? For our date night?"

"Oh shit," Bucky said. "I thought that was tomorrow."

"Alright. We'll schedule it for next week, then." You said and hung up.

---

You wished Bucky would say goodnight to you or have him tell you he loves you.

You always went to bed without hearing anything from Bucky. Maybe his hate was coming back. Maybe you two weren't meant to be together after all.

It was late now, and there was a slight knock at your door. When the door opened, Bucky peaked in.

"Hey." You said.

"Hey. Can I borrow your headphones?" He asked.

You sighed. "They're on my desk."

He walked in a grabbed the headphones. "Thanks! You're the best." He started to walk out.

"Goodnight, I love you."

"Night."

---

"Have you seen Bucky?" You asked when you found Steve in the kitchen. 

"Yeah, he should be outside," Steve answered and continued to rummage through the fridge.

You sighed. "Something wrong?" He asked.

You nodded. "Yeah... Just worrying."

"If you need to talk, you know where to find me." Steve smiled. You nodded again and started heading for the door to find Bucky. You had asked him to talk with you, and once again, he forgot.

"Buck?" You called. "Are you out here?"

Bucky came around the corner looking red and out of breath. "Hey, babe." He smiled. "What's up?"

"Where were you?" You asked.

"I've been out here, working." He said quickly.

"We were supposed to talk..." You said. "I really want to talk to you, Bucky."

He walked over to you and grabbed your hands. "I'm sorry I forgot; I've been busy." He said. "Here, I'll make a reservation for a nice dinner tonight, and we'll talk then," Bucky told you.

You nodded, not really expecting him to go through with it. "Just text me the plan." You said and walked away. He seemed like he was keeping secrets...and that didn't sit very well with you.

---

You talked to Clint, Wanda, and Natasha and even asked Vision if he had any idea of what the hell is going on with Bucky.