Alone Together - Peter Parker & Reader

Words: 1079
Pairing: Peter Parker & Reader
Warnings: mean friends, mentions being high
Requested by anon
Summary: Based on Alone Together by Fall Out Boy, you're looking to get your best friend back.
Author's Note: I love fall out boy, I was so hype for this!

I don't know where you're going, but do you got room for one more troubled soul?

Tonight I'm high as a private jet.

Let's be alone together, we could stay young forever.

*Edited*

---

You and Peter hadn't talked in a while. You two got into different groups, and your friends wouldn't let you be friends with Peter. According to your group, he was nerdy and lame, and he wasn't fit to be your friend.

Being the best friends you used to be, practically growing up together, it was hard to let him go. And with barely any explanation, the both of you were hurting for a while especially when you lived in the apartment below Peter.

Currently, your parents were working late because, with the time of year, working is insane. They had been coming home really late, so you had every chance you wanted to hang out with your friends and go out whenever. You thought this meant going to the park or mall and just hanging out, but when a few nights ended badly, there seemed to be no getting out of it.

A few weeks ago, you ended up on the wrong side of town with your so-called friends. Eventually, another group showed up with some bad ideas that could ruin your life if you went through with it.

"If you leave, you aren't our friend," One person from the group told you. But you always had to keep in mind that you should never give in to peer pressure, and it was probably a better idea to leave anyway. It was effective immediately that they stopped talking to you.

Instead of going out every night and having people to sit with at lunch, you stayed inside on your computer or reading and sat all by yourself at lunch. You tried to talk to other people and make new friends, but you didn't realize that your previous friend group was not a liked one. Your friends were rude to many people, and it didn't show many good things about you even after you left.

No one wanted to talk to you, and it drove you insane knowing you couldn't make any friends. And now, you just wanted to get out of Midtown High School, and hell, you wanted out of Queens.

You grabbed your phone and went out of your window onto the fire escape to look at the street that your apartment building is on. You sighed as you looked at the darkness that filled the road, except for the spots with a light post. 

"Every damn time..." You heard a whispery-groan come from above you.

You quickly recognized who it was. You didn't want to admit it, but Peter was the first person you thought about going to after the whole dilemma with your "friends" happened. Peter had a gym bag with him, and he started to unzip it, but closed it back up after he thought for a second.

He began to move around the fire escape, and then you decided to speak up. "I don't know where you're going, but do you got room for one more troubled soul?" You gave a dry laugh.

Peter jumped when he heard your voice, "Wow, long time, no see."

"Yeah, I meant to apologize for that," You sighed when Peter ended up standing in front of you, "I'm sorry for everything."

Peter nodded, "I heard what happened with your friends."

Shrugging, you leaned against the brick wall, "They aren't my friends," You looked away from him, "I'm all alone right now."

Peter put his hand on your shoulder, "Me too."

"You never answered my question," Your head snapped back to look at Peter.

"Sure, you can tag along."

"Where are we going?" You stuffed your hands in your pockets.

"On a walk, I do this sometimes," Peter continued down the fire escape, "It's fun."

You followed Peter down to the street, and you two walked in silence to the park. Once you arrived, you decided it was as good a time as ever to speak, "I missed you."

Peter didn't say anything; he didn't know what to say. "I made a stupid decision a few years ago. I went with the people who told me I could be cool, but I gave up the best and coolest friend I ever had," You stopped walking, and Peter still wasn't looking at you.

"Why are you telling me this now?" Peter asked, "It's been weeks since your friends left you."

You didn't know how to say it, so you just spit it out, "I'm thinking about skipping town."

"What? No, you can't do that!" Peter started to protest, and you weren't quite sure why he cared so much.

"I'll be all right, Peter," You tried to reassure him.

"No, I won't let you leave. Your parents will worry sick; I'll worry!" Peter started to freak out; he dropped his bag on the ground and began to pace around.

"I don't understand why you care so much," You stopped him from pacing around.

"Because then I can't watch out for you," He whispered.

"What?"

"Look in the bag."

---

"Whoa, watch out!" You screamed as you held on to Peter with a tight grip.

"I've been doing this for a while, don't worry, I know how to dodge," Peter laughed when he stopped on top of a building.

After Peter had told you he was Spiderman, you decided maybe you should stay in town. He told you that he had been keeping an eye on you (in the least creepy way possible) and even saved you a few times. You wanted to know more, and maybe gain your friend back. It would take a while to get him to be your friend again, but he was worth trying for.

"This is the most fun I've had in a while," You confessed as you overlooked Queens from the tall building.

"I'm happy I could be a part of it," Peter stepped forward to stand next to you.

"You know, my group used to tell me what being high felt like," You started as you continued to look around, "But tonight, I'm high as a private jet. "

Peter laughed at what you said, "I'm so happy you're having fun."

"I'm happy I'm with you; I should have never agreed to let you go," You said, apologizing again.

"You tell me that a lot," He nodded, "I have a question for you."

"I have an answer."

"Let's be alone together?" Peter began, "We could stay young forever?"

You smiled when the words left his mouth, "I would love to be alone together."