Impatient - Thor Odinson x Reader

Words: 936
Pairing: Thor Odinson x Reader
Featuing: Pietro Maximoff
Warnings: none
Requested by crazyfangirl345
Summary: A quiet night in the compound and all you want to do is relax with your book, but your best friend has other plans.
Author's Note: more fluff! more thor! 

*Edited*

---

You took a deep breath in as you flipped the page of the book you're currently reading. When you reached a break in the paragraphs, you looked up to admire the quiet, empty facility. No one was in tonight, besides Pietro, either working or just out. It is Saturday night, after all.

Part of the team had a dinner party to attend, and the other part was on a mission. On the other hand, you didn't have to go on the mission, and you decided you have had enough human interaction lately and declined the invitation to dinner.

You were now cuddled up with a blanket in your comfy clothes on the couch in the common room. You looked back down at your book with a small smile visible on your face. You continued to read, and just as you were getting sucked back into the book, you were pulled right back out.

Thor's voice boomed throughout the almost bare base as he called your name. "What are you doing?" Your best friend walked up behind you. You sighed and slowly looked up.

"Hi, Thor," You greeted, a fake smile on your face.

"What are you doing?" Thor asked again as he moved to sit on the couch next to you.

You held up your book, "I'm...reading," You tried to show him, hoping he would get the hint that you wanted to be alone.

"How boring, let's talk!" Thor smiled and tried to snatch the book from your hands, but your quick reaction time was able to save your book.

"Thor, please, this is one of the only times it's quiet enough in the base for me to have some alone time-"

"Nonsense!" Thor laughed, "You can always find time for quiet! I am your best friend; come do something with me!" Thor tried to persuade you, but you really didn't want to leave. You were comfortable and having a ton of fun reading by yourself.

"I would much rather read," You told him, looking back down to your book.

Thor cocked his head as he looked at you, a bit disappointed, "You should really join me in doing something! It is night, and the whole base is empty; we can mess up Stark's office!" Thor offered. At first, it sounded a bit wrong, but then you remembered he is your best friend, so you didn't think much of it.

"Holy, how impatient can you be?" You rolled your eyes, "You act like you've had an insane amount of sugar and caffeine. Calm down."

"I just want to do something," Thor grumbled.

"Go do something alone, then?" You offered, kicking your legs up on the coffee table.

"But that will be no fun," He argued.

All of a sudden, you spotted Pietro go into the kitchen. "Thor, I'm going to read. Please sit here quietly, or go do something else," You tried to tell him gently.

Thor groaned and fell back even further into the couch. You laughed slightly and picked back up in the book where you left off.

Not even two minutes passed when Thor started to get restless. You swear he is a toddler in a god's body. "Pay attention to me!" Thor whined to you.

You sighed, "You're really making me do this?" You cocked an eyebrow, causing Thor to give off a confused look. "Pietrooooo!" You yelled, and Thor's eyes widened.

"No, don't-"

"Yes?" Pietro emerged into the common room.

"Thor is bothering me and won't be sweet like you, and let me enjoy the quiet." You explained, and Pietro chuckled. You had convinced Pietro to be quiet on this very night, or more so, you were going to tell Wanda a secret about not being sick if he didn't.

"Thor, leave them alone," Pietro shook his head. "It is rarely ever quiet here."

"But there is nothing else to do!" Thor complained.

"There is plenty to do! Go train, or watch TV, or come hang out with me!" Pietro offered.

"Yeah, Thor, go away," You nudged him. "I like Pietro more than you right now. He is my new best friend."

Pietro pumped his fist up in the air with a massive smile on his face. "Yes! Take that Thor and your dumb hammer!"

"What did you say?" Thor looked to both of you.

You stood up, grabbed your book, and went to stand next to Pietro. "I said I like Pietro more than you because he's cool and knows when to leave me alone," You started. You looked over to Pietro with a slight smirk clear on your face, "That and you have a dumb hammer."

"Mjolnir is not dumb!" Thor yelled and stuck his hand up in the air to summon his hammer.

"Oh yes, it is very dumb." Pietro nodded once to confirm.

"I'll throw him at you right now!" Thor yelled, and you walked closer to him.

"Hey, calm down," You told Thor, trying to get him to relax, "We're just joking."

You turned around slightly to Pietro and mouthed 'run,' which he gladly took off. "I'm going to go back to reading now, okay?"

"No, it's not okay," Thor started and grabbed your wrist to stop and get your attention, "I want to talk to you, but you keep ignoring me! And that frustrates me even more because all I want to do is-" Thor stopped himself.

"All you want to do is, what?" You were beyond confused, but Thor didn't reply, "Okay, I'm gonna go-"

Thor had had enough of waiting around and not saying anything. And before his brain could yell at his actions, Thor quickly leaned in to kiss you. Finally, he had been waiting to do that for months.

"Thor?" You asked when you two pulled apart.

"I-I am sorry-"

"Don't be." You smiled and went in to kiss him again.