Great Together - Bruce Banner x Reader

Words: 1012
Pairing: Bruce Banner x Reader
Featuring: Tony Stark, Natasha Romanoff
Warnings: none
Requested by anon
Summary: You have a crush on Bruce, but he doesn't realize it. Tony decides he is the perfect person for the job.
Author's Note: This was the first Bruce Banner imagine I ever wrote, but it was a lot of fun!

*Edited*

---

"What's going on between you and (Y/N)?" Tony asked Bruce.

Bruce looked shocked. "Uh, nothing? We're just friends."

Tony then realized what was going on. "Oh, okay. It's just you guys always seem to be talking. Like they're flirting, maybe?"

"Flirting? No, no. (Y/N) isn't flirting with me." Bruce told him and shrugged.

"I see," Tony replied, and he had a pretty good idea what was happening. Bruce was one of the most oblivious people he knew when it came to romance. "I have to run an errand," Tony said and dashed out of the room.

Bruce didn't think anything of it when Tony ran, which is probably a good thing. Tony ran to find you; he had to know.

And as soon as Tony turned a corner, he ran into you, knocking you down. "There you are!"

You laughed as you say up. "What's up, Stark?" You asked.

"What's going on between you and Bruce?" He asked.

You shrugged, along with a sigh. "Nothing, I guess."

"But you're trying?"

You nodded slightly. "I'm very attracted to Bruce, and I've gone from hinting to flirting with no walls. He doesn't see it!" You groaned; the frustration was killing you.

Tony nodded. "I'll help you."

"Tony, don't do anything to make him feel like he should get with me." You told him. "I don't want to make it a forced thing."

"No, no, I'm just going to tell him how great you are and get everyone to bring you up!" Tony smiled.

"Please, Stark, I think I'll just outright tell him how I feel." You sighed.

Tony cocked an eyebrow. "I want to help, though!" He said, way too excited. "He seriously needs someone to help him relax and give him cuddles. He's been really stressed lately."

You took a deep breath and closed your eyes for a second. "Fine, you can help. But don't say anything bad!"

"Ooh, what are we helping with?" Natasha came into the room. You groaned when Tony started to tell Natasha what was going on.

---

"Hey, have you seen (Y/N)?" Natasha asked Bruce a few days later.

"Not since last night," Bruce said.

"Last night?" Natasha asked quickly.

"Yeah, we went into the kitchen at the same time for dinner." He shrugged in response.

"Oh. You know, (Y/N) is pretty awesome." Natasha smiled.

"Yeah, they're cool." He replied, trying to work.

"I'm supposed to go get coffee with them. Would you like to come?"

"No, I'm okay," Bruce told her. Her plan had failed.

"Okay, well, I guess I'll see you around." Natasha sighed as she walked out of the room.

She passed Tony on her way to find you. "It's useless; he's so oblivious." Natasha groaned.

"Let me take a crack at him," Tony said, a little laugh followed.

Tony waited a few days until he talked to Bruce. He could see how stressed Bruce was and really thought that you would be able to help him. You would be able to distract him from the Hulk side of him; you would be able to calm him down; you would be able to love him. Tony was just helping it become a reality.

Plus, Tony just really wanted the big dork to get some cuddles and love every once in a while. He really needed it.

"You know who's really cool?" Tony asked when they were both taking a break from work.

"I don't know, Thor?" Bruce asked, frustrated that the project wasn't working out as they wanted it.

"Sometimes; but no. (Y/N). They're really cool." Tony nodded.

"I've heard that name so many times this week." Bruce laughed a bit. "Yeah, they're cool. Do you have a thing for them?"

"Ew, gross, not like that," Tony said. "They go for more dorky, lovable, scientists." He hinted- but it still didn't work!

"Oh, I thought you guys would have been good together," Bruce said.

"No, not at all," Tony said. "I think my partner would be better with them."

"Nice," Bruce said, going back to looking at his papers.

"Oh my god! You're so oblivious!" Tony shouted.

"What?" Bruce looked up.

"(Y/N) has been flirting with you! Natasha and I have been trying all week to get you two together! You guys are perfect for each other!" Tony said, then shut his mouth when he realized he did the exact opposite of what you asked.

"Wait, wait, (Y/N) likes me?" Bruce asked, eyes wide.

"Yeah..." Tony told him.

"You're being honest?" A small smile found its way onto Bruce's face.

"One-hundred-percent." Tony nodded.

"I have to go find them!" Bruce sprung out of his chair and ran out of the room.

It was just like a few weeks ago, when Tony ran around the corner and knocked you down- but this time, Bruce ran into you.

"Oh no, I'm so sorry!" Bruce helped you up.

"It's fine." You shrugged. "Hey, you look good today. You're smiling; it's been a while- less stressed?"

"Very happy." He said.

"What happened?" You laughed a bit.

"Someone just told me that this person that I've liked for so long actually is attracted to me," Bruce said, a massive smile on his face.

Your smile faded a bit, upset that he had someone else going for him. "Oh, that's great! Who is it?"

"You!" Bruce smiled, and your smile came back.

---

No one expected Bruce to act as he did when he found out you had a crush on him. Everyone thought he would be very quiet about it and silently make hints at you that he wanted to be with you, too. It was almost the opposite as anyone would think.

And truth be told, you were what he needed to help his stress. Bruce became less stressed, and calmer when you two got together.

"Hey," Tony said to Natasha, "Have you seen (Y/N)?"

Natasha laughed a bit. "Yeah, in Bruce's room. Probably cuddling." She laughed.

And that is how Tony found you. He couldn't be more happy that you two were together- less stressed and happier.