Ghosts Aren't Real - Steve Rogers x Reader

Words: 714
Pairing: Steve Rogers x Reader
Featuring: Tony Stark, Bucky Barnes, Sam Wilson
Warnings: swearing, ghost talk
Requested by anon
Summary: It's Halloween in July! Going to a spooky festival, you take Steve into a haunted maze and his true fear comes out.
Author's Note: Steve being a super soldier and scared of ghosts makes me laugh.

*Edited*

---

"This is amazing!" You squealed when you and the team walked into the Halloween-themed festival.

"Isn't it July?" Tony asked.

"Yeah, but we need Halloween twice a year. So this festival does it for us!" You said, obviously the most excited out of everyone.

"Why do we need Halloween twice a year?" Bucky asked.

You gasped, putting a hand over your heart.

"We better split up, everyone." Steve laughed a bit, putting his hand on your back to guide you away from the group.

"But, I don't get it?" You heard Bucky say quietly.

"He's stupid." You grumbled.

"Hey, just because you like Halloween doesn't mean everyone else does; as much as you, I mean." Steve smiled, ruffling your hair.

You crossed your arms. "But it's the day I can be scary."

"You aren't scary." Steve laughed.

"Well, I can try!" You said. "AH!" You yelled straight in Steve's face, and not even a flinch came from him.

"I don't get scared easily." Steve laughed.

"I got it; we'll go to the haunted maze!" You cheered. "Then, you'll be scared. The ghosts are so scary."

"You really believe in ghosts?" He asked, a hint of sarcasm in his voice.

"Of course! They're real." You nodded once before pulling his hand to where the haunted maze was.

"(Y/N), babe, I don't know how to tell you this, but ghosts aren't real." Steve sighed.

"That might be what you think now, but after the haunted maze, you'll believe."

"(Y/N)," Steve drug out your name, groaning as you pulled him into the maze.

Inside, the maze glowed a dark green, and it was difficult to see. It started with a bunch of mirrors that turned you into creepy-looking creatures, but that was mainly just for the laughs. Then, it got to the real thing.

Zombie people would start to pop out at you from hidden places and dark areas, grabbing at your back, shoulders, arms, and even poking your legs. It was a bit creepy, considering they were all slimy, but it didn't really phase you or Steve that much.

Into the next part of the maze, it went pitch black, and the only light there was were small, dim lanterns every so often. Those only lit up small spaces, however. You didn't know what to expect with this, and when a man with amazing werewolf makeup jumped out right in front of you, you almost knocked Steve over. But he still wasn't scared, which you were quickly getting pissed about. 

Then, the room went back to green. The lights changed to blue and back to green. Followed by noises of ghosts starting to fly around.

And they were real ghosts. They didn't look like the stereotypical ghosts with a balloon under their heads; they looked like real people.

One flew right in front of Steve, and he screamed.

"HA!" You yelled. "YOU'RE SCARED!"

"I am not!" Steve yelled as he stumbled backward and almost fell to the ground.

One of the ghosts ended up in front of Steve again, and he screamed. He quickly grabbed your hand and started to walk through the maze a bit faster. "I CAN'T FIND MY DAMN WAY OUT!"

You laughed and put your hand on his shoulder. "Steve, it's right there." You pointed to where the outside light was coming from.

He walked out of the maze quicker than when he entered and ran right into Bucky and Sam.

"YOU CHEATED!" Bucky yelled.

"I did not; I'm just better than you." Sam retorted.

"No, you're a dirty cheat."

"Am not." Sam stuck his head away.

"Children, children, calm down." You laughed.

Steve had the most shocked look on his face. "What's up with you, Cap?" Sam laughed a bit.

"He looks like he just saw a ghost," Bucky added.

"I DID," Steve screamed.

Sam and Bucky both laughed. "Steve, ghosts aren't real."

"GO THROUGH THAT MAZE AND TELL ME OTHERWISE." Steve pointed at the evil building.

Bucky and Sam exchanged looks. "(Y/N), you made him go through the maze?"

You nodded, a huge smile on your face. "He screamed a lot. And, he now believes in ghosts." You told them.

"Serves him right." You added.

"It's not a fun maze, guys." Steve sighed. "I'll never doubt you again, (Y/N)."