Cheap Thrills - Peter Parker x Reader

Words: 914
Pairing: Peter Parker x Reader
Featuring: May Parker
Warnings: Swearing
Requested by anon
Summary: Loosely based on Cheap Thrills by Sia, you and Peter decide to stay in and have a nice night with a dance battle. 
Author's Note: (2021 lilly here: fuck sia). I love fluff and peter parker a lot!!!

I ain't got cash, but I got you baby. Baby I don't need dollar bills to have fun tonight As long as I keep dancing...

*Edited*

---

"Hey, May, is Peter here?" You asked about your best friend/boyfriend; it's kind of hard some days to distinguish what your relationship was.

"Yes, he's in his room. What are you guys going to do?" She asked as she let you into their apartment.

You shrugged, "Not sure at this point," You started, "Depends on what Peter wants to do."

"Just call if you need me!" May told you and left you outside of Peter's room.

"Peter! Hey!" you nodded and opened Peter's door, a massive smile on your face, and walked over to where he was sitting on his bed.

"Hi, (Y/N)," Peter sighed.

"Oh, sorry, was I too energetic for you?" You asked with an eyebrow cocked, "Sorry, hi, Peter." You said with less energy.

"What's up?" Peter laughed a bit at you for mocking him.

"Do you want to go out tonight?" You asked, "I was thinking we could go dancing somewhere. Not like a club, but like a dance-"

"I can't go out," Peter cut you off, "I need to save money..." He ended quietly.

You smiled and grabbed his speaker, "Then connect your phone to the speaker and let's dance here!" You handed him the speaker and threw your arms up, spinning around once.

Peter laughed and quickly connected his phone and clicked on your favorite song. You immediately recognized the song and began to sing-scream along to it as you randomly danced around the room. 

You grabbed his hairbrush and started to lip-sync to the song. Peter slyly grabbed his camera and set it up to take some photos of you dancing around and eventually record a bit of it. He would try to edit everything together later.

He was smiling like crazy watching the person he loved dancing around and couldn't help but look at you with adoration. You just never noticed.

A few songs passed, and Peter was treating you like a celebrity by taking so many photos and walking around smiling. "Peter, you can stop now!" You laughed when he was recording, and you were getting bored without him.

"But I have to watch the beauty of my awesome (Y/N)!" Peter argued.

You sighed as you walked closer to him, lightly humming the song. "Are you sure you're okay with hanging out here?" Peter asked; he seemed worried that you were upset that he told you to stay in tonight.

"Yes, of course, I'm alright with staying in, I ain't got cash, but I got you, baby." You smiled and kissed his cheek.

He gave a small smile to you but looked back down at his feet and set his camera on his bed. "What about you? Are you having fun? You look bored," You sighed.

"Baby, I don't need dollar bills to have fun tonight." He looked back up and gave you a huge smile, putting his arms around your waist to get you closer, and your arms fell around his neck.

You smiled back at him but quickly pulled back, "Then get your butt over here and dance with me, you sucker!" You turned up the music onto another song both of you knew and loved.

"But...I can't dance." Peter sighed.

"That is a total lie!" You argued, "Everyone can dance!"

Peter groaned as you grabbed his hands and pulled him up. "Here, I'll even let you choose the song," You gave him the phone.

Peter picked his most favorite song that he knew every lyric, every chord, every in-and-out of the song, and started to dance with you. He was randomly making up moves, but they seemed to work well together. He could have told you this was a choreographed dance if he wanted to, and you probably would have believed him. Well, until he fell over and started flailing around, he lost his rhythm.

You burst into laughter when he began kicking his legs and waving his arms around. He was also laughing, and his eyes were squinted shut, so you grabbed his camera, and it was your turn to record.

"So, Peter Parker," You put the camera in his face, "Where did you learn to dance like this?" You asked and zoomed out to look at the random flailing.

Peter laughed and put his arms down. "From you," He smirked.

You gasped and kicked his shin,  "You're so mean!" You pouted.

"You love me." He smiled and stood up to be in front of you.

You shrugged, "Yeah, I guess I do love you."

Peter's smile grew, "Good, because I love you too-"

"RANDOM DANCE ATTACK!" You switched the song quickly and grabbed his hands to dance him around.

"What the hell, (Y/N)?" He laughed as you two spun in circles together.

"You needed more footage; why not film our random dancing?" You smirked and continued to take photos and videos of Peter. "Revenge for all the photos you took of me."

Peter's bedroom door opened, and it was May. "What are you guys doing?" She laughed.

You and Peter stopped moving and turned the music down, "We're just dancing." You explained.

Peter smiled and shrugged, his face completely red. "I called for you guys three times!"

"Sorry, May, we have the music loud." Peter apologized.

May nodded, "I could tell, you two are strange." She shook her head.

"As long as I keep dancing, I will keep being strange," You smiled, and May left the room without another word.

The music was turned back up, and the dancing resumed.