Good Old-Fashioned Lover Boy - Bucky Barnes x Reader

Words: 1075
Pairing: Bucky Barnes x Reader
Featuring: Others mentioned
Warnings: Swearing, sad in the beginning, kinda hurt/comfort?
Requested by anon
Summary: Based on Good Old-Fashioned Lover Boy by Queen, you didn't have a great day, so Bucky is here to cheer you up.
Author's Note: Oh look, another Bucky fic that I have no clue when this takes place! He's with the Avengers, so whatever you please past that, as there are no other characters directly in this fic :)

*Edited*

---

You sat on the couch, your knees up against your chest, and you were in an oversized sweatshirt. As it is Friday, most of the team was out. Either partying, working, or just out. So you were in the facility primarily alone. You hadn't even seen your boyfriend much today.

You were feeling down but not quite sure why. It was just one of those days that you wanted to sit in silence and cry for no reason. It happens from time to time.

Almost right as Bucky crossed your mind, you heard footsteps coming towards you. "(Y/N)?" You heard your boyfriend's voice, and he started to walk faster towards where you were on the couch. He saw you cuddled up against yourself in a weird state. He began to get worried and quickly ran around to sit next to you. He put his arms around you, not sure what was wrong. "Are you okay? What happened?" He started to fret.

"I'm fine, Bucky." You told him. It wasn't a total lie, and as you thought before, you weren't really sure why you were feeling this way.

"No, you aren't, darling." He took one of his arms away from you, but only to put his hand on your chin and have you slowly look up at him. "How can I help?"

You shrugged. "I don't know that you can."

Bucky gave you a look that said, 'oh, I bet I can,' with a little smirk. "I can dim the lights and sing you songs full of sad things?" He asked and poked at your side a bit. "No? You don't want my singing?"

You shrugged- you were just surprised that he even mentioned singing. It didn't seem like Bucky would be one to sing. "We can do the tango just for two." He offered, a smile on his face.

"Bucky," You chuckled.

"I can serenade and gently play on your heartstrings." He said.

"That sounds painful." You told him.

He shook his head. "You ruined the cute romantic moment."

"Bucky, those were really weird things to offer me, especially coming from you." You told him, not much emotion in your voice.

Bucky grabbed your hands and pulled you off the couch, and started to move around. Like he was dancing?

"What are you doing?" You asked, confused.

"I bet a dance will cheer you up." He smiled as he continued to sway. "Will you ask the AI to play some music? They don't like me. Then, let's dance!" He put his arms around your waist. There was no getting out of this one.

You groaned as you put your hands around Bucky too. "FRIDAY, will you play some music? Not Tony's playlist, but something Steve would listen to." You asked.

Without a word, FRIDAY played some music that was on Steve's playlist, and Bucky smiled. "I love this song." He started to dance you around the room. Where the hell did Bucky learn to dance? Steve had never mentioned anything to you about Bucky dancing back when Captain America was "pre-serum Steve."

"Hey boy, where do you get it from?" You smiled as the two of you were moving around the room.

"What do you mean?" He raised an eyebrow at you.

"Your dancing." You clarified. "Did you go to some school or something or just pick it up randomly? Did you practice with Sam?" You smirked, and Bucky shook his head quickly.

"Oh, then, hey boy, where did you go?" You asked.

Bucky smiled back at you, and he could tell you were happier. He liked seeing you happy, and he continued with your dancing conversation. "I learned my passion in the good old-fashioned school of loverboys." He laughed a bit.

You smiled and shook your head lightly. "Lover boy?"

"No, old-fashioned lover boy." He corrected quickly.

"Oh, well, excuse me." You rolled your eyes. The song changed, and his smile grew- another song he really enjoyed. "I forgot that you're really old, so you're really old-fashioned." And his smile dropped into a playful pout.

"Old-fashioned isn't a bad thing." He whined.

"I know, Bucky." You nodded, hoping that you didn't actually offend him. You leaned in to whisper in his ear. "Did you learn dancing to remind you of your old-fashioned days?"

"You're terrible." He laughed. He thought you would say something cute or romantic when you leaned in, but that didn't happen. It was just an insult.

"That's what you signed up for when you decided you liked me." You said, and before you could get another word out, he twirled you around the room. A huge smile grew on your face as you danced in circles with the man you love.

Once the song ended, the two of you sat on the couch, and FRIDAY lowered the volume so you guys could hear each other. He had a smile on his face that read, 'I told you so.'

"What?" You asked, referring to how he was looking at you.

"I told you I could cheer you up." He smirked as he swiftly put his arm around you and pulled you closer to him. The smile on your face didn't want to go away, which you were okay with. You could always count on Bucky to be there for you when you needed him.

"Oh love, oh lover boy." You said quietly.

He looked down at you to see how happy he looked, and he was just happy at the fact that you were smiling. "Do you want to tell me why you were upset earlier?" He asked gently.

You shrugged; it was an easier answer now that you were feeling better. "It was just a weird day; I didn't feel good. Just needed to feel sad for a while." You explained, and there was still a slight smile visible on your face. Being in Bucky's arms, it wasn't hard to be smiley.

Bucky nodded, and he understood. He had some of those days. He hugged you a little tighter for a few seconds as he spoke, reassuring you that he was here for you. "Everything's all right; just hold on tight." He told you in a whisper.

"How do you know that?" You asked, getting tired.

"Well, because I'm a good old-fashioned lover boy." He smirked. You lightly smacked his knee; he was never going to let that one go.

Just like he was never going to let you go.