Pick Up - Avengers & Reader, Natasha Romanoff x Reader

Words: 930
Pairing: Avengers & Reader, Natasha Romanoff x Reader
Featuring: Tony, Steve, Bucky, Clint, Natasha
Warnings: annoying teammates
Requested by dark-angel-deluna
Summary: After you pulled a prank on the rest of the team, they agreed to get back at you in the best way they could think of: some harmless flirting.
Author's Note: plot twist this was originally gonna be a bucky fic but then it went nat

*Edited*

---

Comebacks were not your thing.

Especially when the things said to you was fake flirting.

Pick up lines, a million ways to be called beautiful, always being asked out, you were used to it by now. The Avengers were your closest friend, and after playing a prank on the entire team by using your powers, they wanted to get you back.

They knew you were one to blush a lot, and this was the perfect thing to do: Flirt.

"I don't understand why this is the route to get back at me," You complained to Tony, the only one not participating in the payback.

"Maybe because you covered everything in the base in cheese?" Tony raised an eyebrow, "Everything."

"I thought it would be funny," You shrugged, not looking at Tony.

"Well, this is all your fault," Tony told you, patting your shoulder.

"What, are you still finding cheese in your underwear?" Laughing, Tony hit your shoulder at the question.

"I meant, you let the whole team know how you got when someone complimented you or flirted. You brought this upon yourself," Tony smiled and walked out of the room before you even had the chance to say anything.

You groaned and walked to the kitchen, looking for something to eat. You were really hoping no one would be in there, but alas, there was Bucky Barnes.

"Oh no," You whispered, hoping you could sneak out before he-

"Hey, beautiful," Bucky smiled, not even looking at you.

"What's up, Buck?" You put on a fake smile.

"Just thinking about you," He replied and turned around with a cup of coffee in his hands.

"What can I do to get all the flirting to stop?" You groaned, your cheeks turning hot pink.

"I don't think there is anything you can do; you really ruined everything with the damn cheese," He told you.

Groaning, you ran out of the kitchen and went to the only place you were safe: your bedroom. This was all becoming too much. The flirting started to aggravate you, even if it did make you laugh and smile. It seemed as if it was the only thing the team ever talked to you about! You just wished you could go back and never pull the prank. If it meant all the annoying flirting would stop, you would jump at the chance.

Steve laughed and walked into the kitchen right after you ran out. "Buck, what did you say?"

Bucky shrugged and took another drink, "Just everything we have been saying."

Steve was thinking about getting the team to stop. He could see how much it began to anger you; he even stopped saying those things to you. Now, if he could only get everyone else to calm down as well...

"I think we should stop," Steve started, and after explaining, Bucky agreed.

---

After a week of Steve trying to get the team to stop messing with you, you noticed that most everyone was back to normal conversations with you. Sam still said things from time to time, mainly because you ruined his suit entirely and felt that he needed to get back at you even more.

You walked into the common room to see Natasha, Clint, and Steve sitting and talking. "What's up?" You asked.

"Just talking about a mission," Clint started, "Will you be joining us?"

"I don't know. Will I, Cap?" You raised your eyebrow and sat down next to Natasha.

Steve shrugged, "I guess it depends," He started, "I'm going to go collect some information for it. Clint, would you like to come along?"

Nodding, Clint got up and followed Steve out of the room, leaving you and Natasha alone on the couch. You noticed how Natasha sat, how she looked. She had her legs crossed and looked out the window, probably thinking. Her hair was lightly curled, and she looked like she needed a few hours more of sleep. But it made sense she looked tired; she's a superhero!

 Natasha broke the silence when she called your name, smiling at you, "If you were an angle, you would be an acute one."

Your cheeks immediately went red, and you giggled, "That was a good one."

"You have a really nice smile," Natasha complimented.

Again, you giggled, not sure how to reply. "Thank you," You nodded, not looking at her, "I like your eyes."

How much more awkwardness could one person hold? You were mentally slamming your head against the wall for sounding so stupid, but Natasha put her hand on your shoulder, snapping you back into reality.

"You have any pick up lines?" Natasha joked.

You thought for a second, "Aside from being sexy, what do you do for a living?"

She nodded, giggling a bit at your line, "Yeah, that'll do it."

Before you could get another word out, Steve's voice sounded from the door. "(Y/N), Clint needs your help."

You left the room with a quiet goodbye, and Steve walked in. "What are you doing? We agreed to stop doing that."

"Yeah, I stopped the flirting game," Natasha told Steve. Little did they know, you were still standing outside of the room, listening to their conversation.

"Oh, so you have a thing for them?"

"Is it obvious?"

Trying to contain your excitement at what you heard, a huge smile spread across your face as you ran away to find Clint. He already heard Natasha talk about you a lot, and now he had to listen to you talk about her. He just wished someone would make a move, and quick.