Only You - Bruce Banner x Reader

Words: 1341
Pairing: Bruce Banner x Reader
Featuring: Natasha Romanoff, Tony Stark, Steve Rogers
Warnings: hulking out, stupid kids
Requested by @captainamericasinnocence
Summary: After getting a weird feeling about some visitors, the Hulk makes his appearance, and you think you can get him back to the Bruce you know.
Author's Note: I don't write Bruce a lot, but I think this was really cute! Lots of fluff!

*Edited*

---

You knew Tony had made a bad decision when he let some SHIELD interns visit him in his lab for a day. These said interns were getting a hands-on experience to see who was the most fit for the job at SHIELD- and Tony volunteered that he would test them out.

You knew it felt weird. That off feeling was in your stomach when you saw them walk around the Avengers base. And Natasha could tell that you were put off by it, so she started talking to you as you headed to the lab Tony and Bruce shared, just to check-up.

"Since when does SHIELD like, actually have interns that get to do this stuff? Doesn't it seem weird?" You asked in a hushed tone.

She shrugged. "I think they're trying something new to make sure that we don't have something like we did a few years back. You know, at Washington."

"But letting them in the facility just seems really weird." You sighed.

"It's Tony; he can take them down if he has to."

You shrugged as you and Natasha approached the lab. You saw the few interns sitting down, looking at a notebook. No sight of Tony, but Bruce was standing at his desk.

"Hey, Bruce." You smiled as you walked in. Natasha was about to come with you, but she got a call from Steve and had to go.

"Oh, hey, (Y/N)." Bruce smiled, caught off guard by you coming in without him knowing. "What's up?"

"I was just looking for Tony." You looked around the room again. "Not here?"

"Nope, he went to get lunch. Asked me to keep an eye on the interns."

You nodded and walked over to the other side of the table to stand next to Bruce, looking over his shoulder to see what he was working on.

He smiled when you got closer to him. "So, what are you working on?" You asked as you put your chin on his shoulder.

It was no secret you two had a thing for each other. But you and Bruce never really said anything about it. No dates, no kissing, nothing. More than friends, but weren't dating; who had time for that with your job?

"I'm trying to make something that will alert us if a threat is coming near us. It's going to take a while, but it'll be worth it." Bruce smiled at you.

"Sounds cool. Need any help?"

"I think I'm good right now, thank you, though. I told Tony while he was out to get me some pieces I needed." He told you. "It should be finished before we know it.

"Well-" You started to talk but were quickly cut off when the three interns ran up to the table.

"Wow! Dr. Banner, this is so cool!" One guy started to say.

"Can I touch it?"

"What does this button do?"

"Guys, please don't touch it." Bruce squinted his eyes and tried to shoo their hands away, but it didn't work.

"You know," One of the intern guys started to say with a smirk. "I'd love to see this finished, but I don't think we can allow that to happen."

"What do you mean?" You asked, confused and angry.