Smoke - Pietro Maximoff x Reader

Words: 1154
Pairing: Pietro Maximoff x Reader
Featuring: Wanda Maximoff, other avengers mentioned
Warnings: hate
Requested by anon
Summary: Loosely based on Smoke by PVRIS, you and Pietro are stuck in the facility and agree to stay away from each other from past altercations. After Pietro gets a phone call, his mood shifts, and you two have to face reality.
Author's Note: I'm just now realizing how many enemies to lovers pietro fics i have written and i am proud of it

*Edited*

---

You broke your arm on a mission a few days ago. This caused everyone to flip and worry about you, so you had to stay behind at the facility and miss out on missions you really could have helped on.

Everyone was out on different parts of the most important mission in a while. It was going to take a lot of work, and with you out of action, it was hard for your part of the team. Since you can control fire, you and your team were assigned to a particular part of the mission. But without you, it was going to take them a lot longer than initially planned.

You even tried to tell your teammates that you were perfectly fine since your firepower came with enhanced healing, but they didn't stop worrying about you. And of course, with your luck, Pietro was the only other teammate in the facility. He twisted his ankle and was told if he kept speeding around, he'd hurt it even more. Like you, he was not let on the mission.

But you stayed away from him. Opposites sides of the facility, if you both went into a room, you both walked out and went somewhere else, you could never even be that close to one another. You were working on filling out some work Tony and Cap gave you, the tedious paperwork, when your phone started to ring with Wanda calling.

"How's the mission going without me?" You asked when you picked up the phone.

"It's going fine; we're going to meet up with Steve's team next. We are on the jet right now." She explained. "(Y/N), I need you to do me a favor..." She drifted off.

"What do you need?" You asked, glad to finally get up.

"I need you to ask Pietro to call me or give him your phone." She said quietly.

"Pietro? Wanda, you know we don't get along..."

"Please?" She asked, her voice sounded scared. "Just this once? I can't get my calls to go through." She sighed.

You took a deep breath. "I'll go find him."

You exited your room and started the search for Pietro, who wasn't that hard to find. He was sitting on his bed speed reading, and when he saw you, he stopped.

"Do you need something? Or are you here to tell me to leave?" He asked, his arms crossed.

"Your sister is on the phone." You stuck your hand out as far as you could, and he quickly took it.

"Wanda? Are you okay?" He asked, worry in his voice. "Yes, yes, no one is dead, yes..." He said, looking up at you as you stood off to the side of the room. "Really? Fine, for you. Stay safe, goodbye." He finished the conversation quickly and handed you back your phone.

"Did she say anything important?" You asked, and Pietro thought for a minute and shook his head.

"Then I'll be going." you nodded once with a straight face. You turned to walk out, but what you didn't notice was that Pietro was right behind you.

You walked into the kitchen to grab food, and so did Pietro. Neither of you spoke, but you made some awkward eye contact. As well as when you went into the training room to practice aim, Pietro followed. Once it got to the third time, you spoke up. "I thought we had an agreement that we wouldn't be in the same room?" You raised an eyebrow, and Pietro just shrugged as he continued to speed read. "Oh, you're killing me right now." You groaned.

"What?" Pietro stopped flipping through his book and looked up at you.

"You know, the things we do- me and you- they aren't supposed to be like this. I'm supposed to be across the facility thinking about how much you annoy me and how much I want to burn that pretty face off." You grumbled, not even realizing you said 'pretty face.'

Pietro laughed, "Speaking of burning, do you remember what you told me when we fought for the first time?"

"When you were on HYDRA, or when we got into our first fight as teammates?" You asked; he had to be more specific; the pair of you fought a lot.

He smirked, "You couldn't catch me while I was on HYDRA." He said, and you rolled your eyes. "When we got into our first fight at 'teammates,' you told me, '"Don't you try to run right now, 'cause baby I could burn you down.'" Pietro smiled at you.

You laughed, "Still true," You started, "I can burn you down."

Pietro wasn't sure what to do. He wanted to continue hating you because he knew that you do hate him, but he couldn't bring himself to hate you. Wanda knew that having you two stuck in the facility together would be the perfect chance to talk about your 'hatred' towards each other. She had seen it in both of your minds, and this was her one chance.

"Why have you been following me around today?" You raised an eyebrow with your arms crossed.

Pietro shrugged. "Wanda told me to make sure you were okay; I was just listening to her."

Your eyes grew. "Wanda said that she knew my arm wasn't broken; why did she do that?" You asked. What was Wanda up to now?

Pietro shrugged as he kept replaying the conversation in his head, and his jaw dropped in realization. "What?" You asked.

"You called me pretty?" He chuckled lightly.

"When did I do that?" You were beginning to get scared- you had no recollection of saying that. What was your mind thinking?

"Just now..." Pietro mumbled as he ended up zoning out and remembering what Wanda told him.

"I can see it in your head, Pietro, you like (Y/N), and this is your perfect time to talk to them." She had said to Pietro while you were in the room waiting for your phone.

And even though Pietro knew he wasn't allowed to use his speed on his feet, he ran up to be right in front of you and planted a small kiss on you.

"Pietro?" You whispered but didn't object. Wanda had told you the exact same thing yesterday.

You and Pietro were left alone in the facility again for the next few days since everyone was still on missions. You two stopped the hate, and it was very weird to see this from the people who never stopped bickering.

"They're going to be back soon." You told Pietro as the two of you were watching TV.

Pietro shrugged and put his arm around you. "I love the things we do when it's just me and you." He smiled.

"You mean when we aren't trying to kill each other, right?" You laughed, and in response, Pietro ruffled your hair.

And to say the least, Wanda was satisfied.