Slower (1/2) - Pietro Maximoff x Reader

Words: 1171

Pairing: Pietro Maximoff x Reader

Warnings: swearing

Requested by anon

Summary: Being as powerful as you are, you are the perfect match for training with Pietro. He is floored when you aren't affected by his flirting.

Author's Note: This first part delves into some backstory but I love this concept so much!!

*Edited*

---

Pietro was the hardest person to find a training partner for. Tony was annoyed by him, Steve didn't know how to work with him, and Thor played jokes on him for his own amusement. If he were paired up with his sister, they would go easy on each other for trying not to hurt them, and Natasha took none of his shit. That left Clint, who couldn't work with him for feeling too guilty, and Vision, who needed work on his own. So it seemed that the only one left was you, and you were surprisingly okay to work with Pietro.

You had been with the Avengers for a while, but due to your abilities, sometimes you are more needed in other parts of the world more than helping your team. You were the one person that Tony and Bruce would call smarter than them, as one of the best hackers. Not to mention the powerful things you can do with slowing and stopping time, you were important. Who knew what you could do with those powers? But with those things up your sleeves, you were needed internationally to help all around the world and in other worlds as well.

At the time Ultron was released, Thor sent you to Asgard to help the Warriors figure out a problem going on. You honestly had no idea anything crazy was happening on Earth; you had just assumed that your team was fighting something that you usually saw; just another villain out of their mind and not knowing what they were doing.

But when you came back, right after Ultron was destroyed, you found out it was much more than just an everyday criminal.

When you got back, you found the team hurt and unsure where they were going to go after this tragedy. You found out there were new members to the team, one of which could die in a matter of minutes.

Luckily, you got back on Earth right on the time of need, when the Battle of Sokovia was ending. You were standing on the floating piece of land, confused about what was going on, but knew you had to jump in and help. You watched as Clint ran across the destroyed town and wrapped his arms around a boy. But what he didn't see was a jet, shooting many bullets, heading straight for him.

You saw a man dressed in blue looking around like he was going to run for Clint. You knew if the man ran, he would get hit in the fire. But before you had a chance to stop what was about to happen, he ran. And it wasn't a typical run; he was fast.

"Stop!" You shouted and held up your hands, making everything around you stop moving. Time was nothing.

---

You glanced down at your watch as you waited for your new partner to actually grant you with his presence. He was late on the first day of the two of you working together. He could at least show a little respect! You saved his life, for crying out loud, and he should really think about how important first impressions are-

"Do not fear, I am here," The cocky Sokovian walked in with his arms spread, gloating about himself.

"Thank you for finally showing up!" You rolled your eyes at Pietro.

He sped up next to you. "Draga, you cannot be mad at me," He started, "You're too beautiful to be angry."

You laughed at him. "Nice try, but I've heard Steve say better things than that. Let's get to work," You told Pietro and walked further away from him.

This was something Pietro was not expecting. He was almost sure that you would swoon over him, as most people do. But maybe it was just what he said, or how he said it, or the fact he was late played into your reaction. He decided he would just have to try again.

"Now, you know I can manipulate time by slowing it down or completely stopping it. See, we're like polar opposites. You're fast, and I'm slow," You started explaining to him. "Normally, you see things in slow motion due to your enhanced speed. But when I slow time down, you won't be affected like everyone else. The only thing that will happen to you is that it will allow you to move like a normal person, but don't talk, or it won't all come out as one word," You nodded, clapping your hands together. "You ready to start?"

"Hmm, what?" Pietro hummed, snapping his head around. "Sorry, I wasn't listening; I got caught in your eyes."

"I'll only repeat one thing, don't talk. The rest, since I will not repeat it, you should catch on," You rolled your eyes, "Let's play."

You threw your hand up, and within an instant, you slowed time. It was very hard to control when you first got this power, but after years of practicing, it became much easier to work with. So much so that with a thought and a movement of your hand, time was a game.

A smirk formed on Pietro's face when you told him, "Come and get me," and he tried to run. But he was taken by surprise when he realized he couldn't speed his way around the room. If only he had listened to your explanation, it all would have been so much easier. But he was clearly more interested in flirting with you, or at least trying, rather than working to save the world.

He needed to be prepared for everything that was thrown at him. And one day, eventually, some villain or something would be able to slow him down. He needed to know how to react if he had to move at a normal speed, especially if the whole team was counting on him. If Pietro didn't learn how to work as a normal moving person, some things would never be able to happen.

Pietro tried to adjust to his speed change, but ended up tripping over his own feet. He was used to moving insanely fast, and by this sudden slow down, he wasn't sure how to use his feet. And after Pietro tried and tried again to get to you, he couldn't do it. At least he listened to your one rule; he didn't talk. But you smiled when you turned time back to normal, hopefully finally proving a point to him.

"This is why we're a good pair to work together; I could teach you a thing or two," You nodded towards him as he was still laying on the floor from falling over as much as he did.

He looked up at you. "You know, I prefer time to move slower with you."

You rolled your eyes. "Sorry, I'm immune to cocky ass Sokovians," You shrugged and stepped over him to leave, completely unaffected by anything Pietro said to you.

And for the first time, Pietro was the one left speechless.