Wouldn't It Be Nice - Pietro Maximoff x Reader

Words: 1038
Pairing: Pietro Maximoff x Reader
Featuring: Wanda Maximoff
Warnings: mentions HYDRA sucking
Requested by anon
Summary: Based on Wouldn't It Be Nice by The Beach Boys, you are thinking about your past at HYDRA with Pietro, and how nice it would have been to grow up and live together.
Author's Note: This takes place mostly in memories/flashbacks, when you, Pietro, and Wanda were working for HYDRA. The italics is memories (it goes to "present time" near the end)

*Edited*

---

You couldn't sleep. Your mind was running everywhere, and nothing could calm you down. You were trying to stay quiet, making sure not to wake anyone up, but it was getting hard. You were afraid that you would start crying or freaking out more...so you tried to fill your mind with other thoughts.

"Hey..." You were snapped away from your thoughts when you heard Pietro speak. "Are you okay?"

You shook your head. "I'm freaking out."

Your boyfriend got out of his small bed and walked over to sit on yours. There wasn't much room on the bed, and you were still trying not to wake Wanda. Or any of the evil agents.

"Why are you freaking out? What happened? You can talk to me, draga."

HYDRA treated you three horribly. Why had you ever even thought it was a good idea to be a Strucker experiment? The only good thing that came out of it was meeting the Maximoff's; you were even lucky to survive the experiments. You three had to share a cold, dirty room on a horrible excuse for a bed, and they were slowly changing your mind to convince you that everything at HYDRA is good.

And to think, the three of you were only nineteen, scared and vulnerable; HYDRA could do whatever they wanted to you.

You stayed quiet for a while as you thought about this, not saying anything to Pietro. He could tell you zoned out, though, and he quickly put his arms around you to bring you back to reality. "Do you want to talk?"

"I... I want to get out of here, Piet." You cried softly.

"What do you mean?"

"This place has been scaring me more and more; the way they treat us, how everyone acts, it's scary!" You whispered.

Pietro sighed and rocked back and forth with his arms around you to calm you down. "You know we can't do that, not right after the enchantment. It is not safe for us."

You held on to Pietro's shirt tightly, trying not to scream.

Pietro put his hand on your chin and slowly moved your head to look at him. "I do not like it here either, but you know we cannot leave." He sighed.

You hugged your boyfriend. "I love you." You whispered.

He smiled. "I love you too, and don't forget; I will never leave you."

---

The HYDRA agents were not happy when they found out that you and Pietro were in a committed relationship. Secretly, they knew that if you two continued being together, you could figure out things they didn't want you to know. Like how they were trying to change your mindset about HYDRA; if you and Pietro were focused on one another, nothing would work for them.

So they separated you two. You were moved to the other side of the base, and everyone made sure that you two never saw each other unless needed. Which, it usually wasn't. You worked with Wanda more than Pietro, as you had the enhancement of elements, where you used your mind, like Wanda.

They still didn't care for that; she could have been passing messages! But little did the agents know that you and Pietro didn't need Wanda to be your messenger. You two had gotten good at figuring out where the cameras pointed to and when it was an excellent time to get out, so you could see each other. And your love stayed alive.

You and Pietro were on top of the base one night when everyone else in the place was asleep, and no one would see you.

Pietro had his arm around you as your head rested on his shoulder. "It's so nice at night." You smiled at him. "Gosh, I wish they didn't split us apart."

Pietro sighed and kissed the top of your head. You looked up at him and opened your mouth to talk. "Wouldn't it be nice if we were older?" You asked.

Pietro nodded with a smile. "Yeah, then we could get out of here and be together." He said and touched your nose. "And hey, wouldn't it be nice to live together? In the kind of world where we belong."

"What, in a place that isn't HYDRA?" You chuckled. "That'd be nice." You looked back up at the stars, and the two of you were quiet for a bit again, just admiring the outdoors.

After some time of silence, your time together was almost up, and someone could catch you. You smiled up at him and pointed at the biggest star. "Make a wish." You smiled. "Maybe if we think and wish and hope and pray, it might come true."

"Did you make a wish?" You asked after a minute.

Pietro kissed your cheek. "Yes, and if it were to come true, baby, then there wouldn't be a single thing we couldn't do." He said.

"What did you wish for?"

"I think you know."

And you did: to be able to be with you, free.

"We could be married, and then we'd be happy." He sighed.

"Wouldn't it be nice?" You yawned as the thought of you and Pietro getting married came over you.

Before heading back, Pietro kissed you- like he always did. And like always, when he pulled away, both of you were sad. That last kiss meant it would be a while before you'd see each other again.

"Do you know what I wished for?" You asked Pietro, and he gave you a questioning look. "I wish that every kiss was never-ending."

He smiled and pulled you into a hug. "Goodnight, my baby." You said.

"Sleep tight, my baby." He copied.

"Hey, you okay?" Pietro turned over in bed and snapped you out of your memories.

"Yeah, just thinking about tomorrow." You sighed.

Pietro leaned in a little to kiss your forehead. "It's going to be nice." He told you. "Being older and getting married. Everything we've ever wanted, right?"

You smiled and nodded. "It'll be nice."

"Get some sleep, okay? We've got a big day of getting married tomorrow."

You closed your eyes, a smile on your face. "Goodnight, my baby."

His face copied yours. "Sleep tight, my baby."