You're A Rogers - Avengers & Reader, Steve Rogers & Reader

Words: 1085
Pairing: Avengers & Reader,  Brother!Rogers & Reader
Featuring: Bucky Barnes, Peter Parker, Tony Stark, Natasha Romanoff, Thor Odinson
Warnings: HYDRA experimenting mentioned, kidnapping
Requested by anon but my sister confessed to requesting it
Summary: The same time Steve was in the ice, you were asleep. Thinking back to what happened to you, and enjoying time in the modern world with your big brother, there's nothing you would change.
Author's Note: Half of this is backstory because I had fun with it. Steve is your older brother and you are a teenager (16ish?). 

*Edited*

---

You knew they couldn't mess with your head. You were too strong for that. You are a Rogers for crying out loud.

HYDRA tried to do something like Bucky, but being Steve Rogers' little sibling, you were able to beat around the horrible things they tried to do.

You watched them take away Steve's best friend, who was almost a brother to you. You didn't know how he would react to the things they would do, but you knew he would overcome it. Eventually.

You were stuck for years in that hellhole. They tried daily, for long periods of time, to hack into your brain. They wanted to make you a weapon, a little teenager as a threat would be vital. It would scare off the enemies because they don't want to hit a kid. But no matter how hard they tried, they couldn't get through to you. And you had no idea why; you were losing hope every day that you'd be able to withstand all the tests. But somehow, you did.

And after a few years, you finally escaped. You ran as far away as you could get; you weren't sure how long you were stuck there. The last thing you remembered was being put under something to make you sleep, and you woke up to someone yelling and pulling you along the hallway.

"What's going on?" You asked as the man pulled you by the arm.

He grumbled out a laugh, "We're going to get it right this time."

You shook your head, "Yeah, right, because all the other times went so perfectly. You know you can't mess with my mind."

"Is that a challenge?" He raised an eyebrow.

You shrugged, not showing one ounce of fear. "Whatever you want, you have no chance. I will always be stronger."

The man laughed again, "We've had seventy years without you in our way to develop this serum, perfect enough to get through to you."

You gave him a strange look, "Seventy years?"

"Yeah, you've been asleep for seventy years," The man told you but didn't stop dragging you down the hallway.

You looked around as you were pulled. You saw someone walking around that you didn't expect to see there anymore. You didn't think you'd see him ever again; you were told he was moved to another part of the world.

Without a second thought, you yelled his name. "Bucky!" You shouted, receiving looks from down the hall and a hand going over your mouth. He started marching down the hallway, a death glare in his eyes.

"Who is this?" He murmured as he made eye contact with you.

"Someone like you," The man holding you replied.

Bucky asked where you were headed, and the man told him, getting a laugh from Bucky. "Let me take them; it would be fun to teach them not to act out," He smirked to the man.

"Of course, Agent Barnes," The man released you when something else grabbed you. It wasn't Bucky's hand; it was metal. You looked up in fear, not receiving any sympathy. He gripped onto you tighter as he led you down the hallway.

"You're hurting me," You whispered.

Bucky quickly let go and stopped walking when there was no one around, "You need to get out of here before they actually can hurt you. Don't tell anyone about this, or I will be ordered to kill you. You're too young to be here and be hurt; get out while I distract."

You gave him a quick hug, "Thank you, Bucky."

"And, don't call me that. I'm not Bucky," He sighed and opened a secret passage in the wall. He walked away.

---

"I don't like him being so close to you," Steve mumbled as he read the newspaper.

You rolled your eyes, "He's just my friend, calm down, Stevo."

Steve laughed. When you found out he was alive at the same time you were, it was the best thing you could have asked for. You never told him about Bucky, in fear it would just hurt him, and you chose not to elaborate on what happened at HYDRA. You were just glad to have your brother there with you in this futuristic world, not entirely sure of everything. You liked your school, though, and you quickly made friends with Peter Parker, which Steve was not too happy about.

When you asked Steve why they couldn't mess with your brain, he confessed something to you. "I knew someone would go after you, with you being related to me. I had Peggy and Howard help me with something: protect your brain."

As much as you wanted to be mad at Steve, you couldn't. You wanted to be angry that he didn't tell you that, but he was just trying to protect you. Like he had always done, even when he was the skinny little nerd from Brooklyn. He was always there to protect you.

"You better not be-" He started to talk about you and Peter again.

You interrupted, "Trust me, we're just friends. Calm down."

"You promise?" He raised an eyebrow.

"They promise!" Tony yelled from the kitchen, shooting you a smile.

"Thanks for your input, Tony," Steve shouted back.

"They are telling the truth, (Y/N) and Mr. Parker are just friends!" Thor called out as he walked into the room.

"From all I've seen, it's just a friendship," Natasha added on.

"See, Steve, you may be my actual brother," You started, "But Tony, Thor, and Nat are like my cool siblings that cover for me. They rock," You smirked and hopped up out of your chair when you got a text from Peter, and you ran to the door.

"Okay, goo- Wait, what do you mean cover for you?" Steve yelled and started to run after you.

You grabbed Peter's hand and dragged him around the base, taking him to your room and locking the door. "Steve is going to kill me if he finds out that we went to that party the other night," You whispered to Peter since you were almost one-hundred-percent sure he was standing outside your door.

"Thor, put me down!" Steve shouted.

You cracked open your door and saw Steve being carried down the hall by Thor, Steve looking annoyed and Thor laughing. "Let (Y/N) have their privacy! Just no relationships in there, you crazy kids!" Thor yelled to you, and Steve started to pout.

You looked to Peter, "This is why Thor is my favorite."