16. On a Cruise with Sanam

"What's that?!" We all looked at the direction where Venky was pointing.

I saw the Golden Dragon Cruise Ship that is a park property and yes, it takes people on river for an hour and it's very pretty, I always wanted to ride it.

"That's the cruise ship.It serves for an hour. Every hour." I told them.

"Is it coming back?" Samar asked examining it.

"I guess?" I answered unsurely. I don't know what happened, the next thing I knew was that they held my hand started running out of the park. I laughed at their childish behavior as I asked them to slow down.

We bought the passes and got on the Cruise. The sun was setting down. It was a perfect cruise timing. We all stood near the railing and looking at water. "Have you taken a ride of this earlier? " Venky asked and I shook my head "No. There are maximum times couples in here and it's little awkward to come with whole family." They looked around and laughed.

"Why with family only? No friends? " Sanam asked. "No. I mean yeah I do have friends but they...are not like me."

"Oh,that means they are normal." Sanam chuckled and Hi fived Keshav. I blinked at them, didn't know what to say.

What do they mean, am I abnormal or what?

"Let's go up?" Sanam suggested.

"Nah! I wanna be here." Samar said and Keshav decided to stay with him. Venky was on the other side, so, Sanam and I climbed up the stairs.

"Oh wow!" I gasped, mesmerized by what I was seeing. The whole of this part was dimly lighted. It was kind of romantic. Actually, it was romantic. I looked at the figure standing with me. And I am with him, here, in this romantically decorated cruise. He looked at me and smiled, giving me the feeling of butterflies in my tummy. Then looked away, watching the beauty of his surrounding but I was not able to take my eyes off his face. I mean who can?

His beautiful skin was glowing in that dim light. What a moment! Setting sun, dimly lighted cruise, and I am with him, with Sanam. The wind was making my hair dance with it as I tried to settle, still looking at him. Suddenly he turned and caught me staring at him.

I quickly turned away, red in embarrassment. "Let's go." He said and I looked at him confusedly.

"What? Waha chalte hai." He pointed at a spot where we can sit and enjoy the perfect evening. I nodded and we walked there.

"Beautiful, isn't it?" He asked and I replied "Yes." Just like you. I wanted to add but I didn't.

"Kya soch rahi ho?" I was taken aback by his sudden words "Huh?"

"I asked, what are you thinking. " he repeated his question.

"Oh" I smiled "This scene, light, and now the moon" I pointed up at the moon and he looked "reminded me of a song." I finished.

"Oh! Which song?" He asked, I opened my mouth to answer him but he interrupted me "Stop!" And I fell quiet. "Aise nahi. You have to sing it!"

I was shocked at his words Sing it?

"You are the singer not me." I reminded him.

"So what? We, SANAM sing for you guys. Now its your turn." He smirked.

"I can't. I won't sound good."

"Let me decide that." He rested his arm on his knee, looking directly in me.

I moved my hand through my hair. "Fine. But you have to start and sing too. " I requested him. He chuckled and nodded "Why not? Humm the start and I will join you."