50. End of Fantasy

"Just answer it Warisha. You would have loved me or no? "

"No."

Hearing my answer he kicked the brake harshly, both of us taken aback from the sudden jerk "Sanam!" I held his hand tightly, closing my eyes. He removed my hand from his furiously and got out from the car.

"Sanam!" I called out getting out as well. What's wrong with him? He didn't even let me complete my words. I wanted to say more, so much more.

Seeing his figure walking away from me I felt that he was walking out from my life. My vision becoming blurry because of the tears that were building up in my eyes. "Sanam!" I called out again and then fell hard on the concrete road because of my pace. Not caring for anything else I removed my broken heels, I felt a piercing pain when I stood up, ignoring it I called him again, trying my best to catch him.

When I was about 6 feet away I called again, "Listen to me! I haven't completed yet!"

"SANAM!" I shouted forcing him to face me, "What's wrong with you?" I shook his shoulder "You're taking my reply in wrong way!"

"Then what does a 'no' mean?"

"No...if you weren't 'Sanam Puri from the band SANAM', I wouldn't have known that such beautiful soul is there. If you weren't 'The Sensation', I wouldn't have risked or lied to my family to attain a damn concert just to see you! To see your smile and listen to your voice! You being 'THE Sanam Puri' helped me to meet you! If you weren't the Sanam Puri then I wouldn't have known that there was a boy born in Delhi and bought up in Muscat. A boy who chased his dream with his brother and friends. So yes! I wouldn't have fallen for you if you weren't 'Sanam Puri from the band SANAM'." I said in one breath, pointing my finger on his chest with tears leaking down.

We stood there in silence. I cupped his face in my hand. "I know there's something going in your mind." just tell me what I am thinking is wrong "you don't have to stress about it. Just remember that my love for you is unconditional. I'll love you no matter what happens. Please don't behave like this. It's killing me, Sanam. Please."

He removed my hand from him "Warisha, leave me alone."

"No, I'm not going to leave you alone. Specially when you're asking me to; because it's the time when we need someone by our side. Maybe I am immature but itni bhi nahi that I don't know when you need me and when you don't."

His shoulder were slumber, expression unreadable, eyes dark with rage. The person in front of me was clearly different Sanam, not someone I have known for years. What had happened that he is behaving like this. "Please chalo.." I held him by his wrist but he didn't bulge rather he pulled me to him and I crashed on his body harshly "Ah.."

Angling my head he smashed his lips with mine. His kiss was rough and angry. Definitely not the way he had kissed me before. I tried to push him away but I gave in and responded to his kiss. Then his lips softened and the kiss became gentle. I pulled apart and my senses were back to work that's when I felt piercing pain on my feet. Ignoring it, I looked at Sanam who was looking a bit calm than before "Sorry for whatever I did today. I think I'm just...tired." he said in low voice.

I gave him a warm smile nodding at him, "Lets go home." He held my hand and as I took a step, I felt the electrifying pain again which made me stumble, "Ouch!"

Sanam was fast enough to encircle his arm around me, saving me from falling on my face, "what happened?" he asked in panic.

"I don't know." I cried bending to touch the source of pain. He scooped me in his arm. "Sanam..I'm fine." I said in faint voice wrapping my arms around his neck.