43. Lips don't Lie

As we opened the door, we saw that Suman di was about to knock. Both the girls, that was me and her, gasped making Sanam chuckle.

"Sab abhi bhi wait kar rahe hai.. nice lipstick by the way. Mujhe bhi dena." She asked. I looked at her bringing my eyebrows together "huh?"

What is she talking about? I haven't put any lipstick.

"You should ask Samar for that." Sanam casually replied closing the door behind us. On his words Suman Di started to smile, giving me a teasing look and what I was doing was, only staring at them with confuse look plastered on my face.

On our way to lift, I wiped my lips a several time to check if I have had applied any and forgot but there was nothing! Both Di and Sanam were giggling silently at me, making me frown. What's wrong with them?

When we stepped inside the lift, the first thing I did was to check myself on the mirror wall. I gasped and turned red.

Shit! Shit! Shit!

Suman di laughed out loud on seeing my reaction and Sanam was chuckling silently leaning on the wall.

"Bilkul besharam ho tum!"

"Main?" He pointed at himself "You asked me to." He said with soft laugh making my eyes go wide as saucer.

"Don't talk with me!" I told him showing my back and waiting for the lift to stop. Di was laughing continuously, pinching and tickling me in between. I tried my best to ignore all and finally stepped out.

As we walked to the big table where everyone, that is, Samar, Keshu, Venky, Sanam's mom, Ben sir and rest of others were sitting, half of them pointed at their watch.

"Itna time?" Sanam's mom asked us, I sat beside Suman di and Sanam sat next to me.

"She was late mom." He pointed at me casually. He was the one who made the delay and now he is blaming me? I looked at him, throwing daggers with my eyes! "Yes Aunty , I woke up late but I didn't ask him to wait for me. Did I Sanam?"

He looked at me carrying a grin but remained silent.

"Then what took you so long Sanam?" She asked him.

"Mom, agar main waha nahi hota toh yeh aur late karti."

Haww!! He was the one who made the delay with his so romantic, consequential avtaar and maine late kiya ?

"Agar tum nahi hote toh I would have reached here 20 minutes earlier! " I said taking a bite of my sandwich and Suman di coughed her food which made me realized that what I have said now, was something that  shouldn't have been said but the deed was done.

His mom looked at us with confused expression "Matlab kya hai beta tumhara?"

"Haa, batao kya kiya maine." Sanam said while bobbing his head and smirking. This Guy!
Keshav, Samar, everyone in the table were enjoying my roasting.

"Ah...woh...he locked me inside the bathroom! " I blurted, making face at my own words.

"What?" Everyone said in unison and his mom continued "Yeh kya Sanam?"

"I locked her because she didn't want to take shower ."

"What?!" I interrupted "No aunty! Yeh jhooth bol raha hai!" I looked at him "Khane k waqt jhooth bolte hue sharm nahi ati!" I scolded him and he looked at me, raising his eyebrow he asked "Acha? Khane k waqt jhooth nahi bolna chahiye." He said the second part retorting me.

I fell silent because just moments ago I have also lied.

"Enough of fight. Now continue with your breakfast. " Ben sir said and everyone resumed their brunch!