66. A lie

A/N- Do listen to the song once and if possible then while reading as well.. 😁

Natasha's POV

"She's coming, Sanam. Tum decide karlo tumhe kya karna hai." I said this to him.

He looked at me for a short but tense moment and then he pulled me in a hug. I smiled to myself wrapping my arms around his shoulder and burying my face in crook of his neck. It has always been easy to manipulate you, Sanam.

I raised my eyes briefly and saw Warisha coming towards us angrily.

"Is she coming? " he asked me in whisper and I replied with a slight nod. He then pulled me closer, I closed my eyes feeling his touch. It was only a touch. It didn't had any feeling in it. I knew that he was doing all this for her but I also knew that sooner or later, he'd me mine again; like before. I gasped when a tight grip made me pull apart from Sanam forcefully; pushing me away from him, "Get off him you bitch!" Warisha spat.

"You! " I raised my finger at her and she stood in front of me. Her eyes red with anger, "What? " she demanded. The cold threat in her voice scared me. Making me lower my finger which I raised.

Sanam called her name, "What are you doing, Warisha?"

She turned to him, "You are asking me that what am I doing?"

"What are you doing, Sanam? Kyu nahi bola mujhe that this bitch pretended to me that night! Why didn't you snap at me, telling my mistake clearly instead of doing what you did?! " she asked him while her angry tears rolled down to her cheeks. "Why?.... Why? "

"How dare you to call me a bitch? " I groaned pulling her to face me fully and when I did; there was a loud thud and after a second, I was shocked. My hand were on my cheeks which was burning red because she slapped me.

"You better keep quiet! " she warned me coldly. I kept looking at her wide eyed, my jaws hung open. Ignoring me she faced Sanam again.

I wasn't able to believe that this little bitch had actually slapped me.

"Sanam.. " she held his face in between her palms, making him look at herself, "I have realized my mistake. I now know that it was my fault... My fault that I believed the partial truth. I believed in that kiss but I never tried to know the real situation... Your situation. I'm sorry." She said in small voice and pleaded, "End this misery, Sanam. Please... "

His sad, tired eyes were looking in hers. It was unreadable. I wasn't able to make what was he thinking. I was scared that he'd change his mind. They way they were looking at each other. She had tears in her eyes and I had a feeling that Sanam was hiding his.

"Please forgive me....I'll never ever do that again..I - I won't behave stupidly..and..and I'll behave maturely. I promise." Her voice had guilt and pain in it.

"I know that you still love me, Sanam. Stop punishing me and yourself." She rested her face against his chest, crying silently.

I wasn't able to say anything. I just stood there, praying that Sanam sticks to what I tried to make him do.

He gently broke their hug, "No, I don't." He said plainly. My heart felt relieved and I exhaled my tension. Thank God.

It was now her turn to be shocked, she shook her head. "You're lying." Her voice was barely audible.

Sanam chuckled humorlessly, "why'd I lie, huh? I.. I don't love you." He said to her, again. Thank God that she was not looking in his eyes because his eyes were telling a completely different story than his words.