38. Clock Tower

"So finally can we know what happened in clock tower?" Samar asked for the third time and I nodded with a shy smile.

"Now that main tum logo ko sab bata hi raha hu. Toh, clock tower se phele let's have a short summary of church." I suggested.

Suman rubbed her hands together, folding her legs on sofa and grinning, "Neki aur puch puch?"

"So...that day, when I saw her sleeping in my room and when I looked in her eyes, I knew that I have started to feel something for her." I said sheepishly, running my hand through my hair and looking down but I knew that everyone inside the room were grinning.

"Her childish and immature behavior, her dance with Keshav on our way to church, everything which she was doing was attracting me towards her."

"Well Sanam, she was and still is a child and immature. " Samar said in a serious tone. I gave him a nod, knowing what he meant.

"Phir kya hua?" Suman asked, eager to know the rest. I smiled and continued: "Then, when we reached there, she went to buy candles and I followed her. I kept watching her, as amused as she was while watching those candles and I, watching her. Then I bought her a gift which accidentally was its pair.." I showed them the locket resting on my chest, "she gave me."

"Oye hoye."

"And after that, she was lost in her own world. Her eyes never leaving me. She thought that I am unaware but little did she know that I was feeling her gaze on me all along. " I said with a smile bobbing. Everybody listening this where smiling.

"Then?"

"Then she burned her hand while staring at me. I wanted to scold her--"  hearing this Suman and Keshav chuckled but Venky and Samar were smiling at me "Continue. "

"So I wanted to scold her. Tell her to stop staring at me as I am already drown in your eyes. So please will you stop!" I laughed at my own words and everyone shook their head, "main toh yeh bolne hi wala tha but again! She was about to fall and I held her. Lag raha tha that puri duniya ruk gayi hai, as it was only me and her. My eyes were locked with hers but then-"

"I disturbed them. " Samar said: "I am sorry. I didn't know that my chote wanted the world to freeze with his girl in his arms." He said in a teasing voice and everyone laughed and I think that by now I was blushing.

"Yeah.. and after that she started to ignore me and keeping distance." I shook my head "which was really bothering me. I even asked her that why she was crying but she..she gave a diplomatic answer and walked away."

"Oye! Kuch bhool raha hai tu." Keshav said while giving a smack on my head.

"Kya?" I asked.

"Mera role gayab?" He complained. I let out a silent chuckle and replied "tu hi bolde."

He smiled cheekily and started "He told me about his feelings for her on our drive to imambara, while she was sleeping. And I..." he proudly pointed himself  "...suggested about that tower thing then."  He gestured me to continue from there and every eye landed on me again.  "Then I noticed that she was crying in her sleep. I wanted to know why but she didn't say anything." I sighed remembering that moment.

"She was ignoring you?" Suman asked but then continued: "But her eyes never left you Sanam. When she was sitting with me, I saw in her eyes that she feels something for you. I felt that she was thinking something about you only. Maybe that she should not feel for you the way she did. I am just guessing don't look at me like that!" She said in her defence when she saw me glaring at her.

"Oh boy! She is with you anyway. Main toh bas wahi keh rahi thi jo mujhe laga."

"I know but I couldn't help it. Sorry." I apologized for glaring at her. She made a kissie face, "Koi nahi devar ji, chalta hai." And winked.