90. Haldi

“Shit! I can't find my pink chunni! I kept it just here!” Meera di squealed.

"Pink? Like.... Periwinkle pink?" I asked.

"Haa, Haa!" She nodded impatiently, "the same. Dekha tune?"

I nodded in yes.

"Kaha hai?"

"I think woh Sanam lekar Gaya hai." I answered hesitantly.

"Sanam?!" She scrunched her eyebrows together. "Woh Kyu lega Meri chunni?"

"Because it was looking like a curtain." I mumbled.

"What?" She narrowed her eyes asking, "what did you say?"

"Uhm... Uh.. aa... I.. I said that SANAMTOOKIT!" I stammered but ended like a bullet train, "Sanam took it thinking it's that.. that pink scarf! Pink scarf that they are supposed to wear today!"

Her eyes grew wide open, "That idiot mistook my designer chunni as scarf?! Seriously!" She almost shouted, "Go and get it from him!" She pointed the door, "Go!"

"Main?" I pointed myself.

"Aur kaun?!" She barked.

"But woh toh abhi Samar and baaki cousins k saath..." I dropped my sentence in between as she was standing there, glaring at me. "Acha, jaati hu." I said leaving the room.

"Hadh hoti hai! In bhai-beheno ke beech Meri hi band bajni hai! Ab yeh Sanam kaha hai?" I was muttering to myself, making my way towards where all guys were chilling.

There he is!  Laughing about I don't know what with his group!

I called him on his number and watched him taking out his cellphone. He looked at screen once- I was waiting for him to answer the call but instead, he declined it!

How mean! Abhi batati hu!

I stomped at his direction, dialing the number once again. He did the same thing that he did earlier.

"To busy to answer your phone, Mr. Puri?" I called out reaching to him.

"Uh... Warisha?" He smiled cheekily.

I flashed my fake smile while his gang muffled their Chuckle.

"Excuse me guys." Sanam smiled walking away from them. "I was about to return your call."

"Shut up, Sanam." I said dryly.

"Array sacchi baba. Trust me." He made puppy face which trust me, was hard to ignore but I did my best!

"Stop lying! And give me this scarf!" I tried to take it from him but he stepped back.

"What are you doing? Why do you want my scarf?" He asked confusedly.

"This isn't your scarf!" I whined. "Yeh Meera ki chunni hai!"

"Hain?" He made his signature 'Hain' face- "yeh uski chunni hai? Itni...." He said eyeing his... Meera's chunni, "plain?"

I shrugged, "Yahi hai."

Before Sanam could give me that scarf, his glowing face turned yellow when Sahil rubbed the haldi paste on him from back. My eyes grew wide as saucer and jaw hung open! Sanam and haldi?! Oh EM GEE!

"Abey! Kaun hai?!" Sanam tried to stop him but no use.

I was so shocked from it that I didn't have any expression other than what I stated above.

"Tere khudke Bhai ki haldi hai aur tu itne safai k saath ghum Raha hai... Not fair!" Sahil said with a huge grin and I finally left out a chuckle.