Prank Wars (Part 5)

Lucas' POV:

I wake up in the morning and find the bed empty again, as if she never slept here at all. My heart sinks.

Then where did she sleep?

Then I remember last night when I told her to go.Why should I care? For all I know, she could've slept with Jake again. I clench my jaw and get out of bed, pushing all of my anger down inside of me. But I can't help but feel torn up inside.

What did I do to deserve this?

I go and have a quick shower and get changed before going downstairs to breakfast.

I ignore everyone and grab a seat next to Marcus, who doesn't look as annoyed as yesterday. Everyone keeps glancing at me and I resist the urge to tell them to fuck off. When Jake comes downstairs, I notice his broken nose and a nasty bruise on his left cheek, and I don't feel an ounce of regret for being responsible for it.

Why should I care about his feelings when he crushed mine?

I pour some coffee into my mug and look around just to see if she is here... but she's not.

"Where's y/n?" y/bff/n asks me with a frown.

"I don't know. Wasn't she with Jake?" I snarl bitterly. Everyone shoots me a look, and the room goes silent.

Jake clears his throat. "No, she wasn't with me," he says.

"Alissa's not here either," Alex adds.

"I'll go find them. y/bff/n, come with me," Jake says, and Marcus looks up and shoots daggers at Jake. I guess he hasn't forgiven Jake yet either.

Your POV:

"WAKE UP, WOMAN!" someone shouts, jumping on the bed. I'm jolted awake, and I squint, realising where I am.

"SHUT THE FUCK UP!" I groan and bury my head inside the blanket.

"GET UP! WE NEED TO TELL THEM NOW!" I recognise Jake's annoying voice, and roll my eyes. "Honestly, if we don't tell them, the twins are gonna flippin murder me. They're FURIOUS."

"Yeah. Double the trouble," y/bff/n adds.

"Guys, come on!" Jake persists.

I get up with a scowl and chuck the pillow at him, hitting him straight in the face.

"OW! I have a bruise from your boyfriend, you know." Jake winces, rubbing his face.

"I'm sorry, Jake." I apologise feeling really guilty and my eyes go blurry.

"It's okay. Oh my god, don't cry." He comes over to me and gives me a hug.

y/bff/n looks at me worriedly and her and Jake exchange a look. They must've realised something happened last night.

"What happened?" y/bff/n asks gently, handing me a robe.

Alissa gets up and tells them what happened while I go to the toilet.

When I go back to the room, they all attack me with a hug.

"C'mon, let's go end this." Jake smiles and I smile back, willing myself to be strong. Just a prank, remember.

We all walk down together where everyone is having breakfast. Even Tristan is here today, surprisingly.

"Hey guys!" Tristan greets us with a warm smile.

"Hey." we all reply and stand by the door, slowly getting everyone's attention.

Jake looks at me but I shake my head and look at y/bff/n to say something first. She rolls her eyes at both of us.