Your Breakup with Lucas // Part Two

Song: Friends by Justin Bieber & Bloodpop

A/N: YOO WE HIT 40K READS!! (21/11/17)

Your POV:

It'd been about a week since I left Lucas.

I was actually doing quite fine really. I'd been staying with Alex and he always kept me happy. He'd always make sure I wasn't thinking of Lucas and he was always there to comfort me when I did think of him.

Right now, Alex and I were sitting on the couch watching TV when he suddenly spoke up.

"Y/n.. I can tell you anything, right?" he said, not turning away from the TV.

"Of course you can, Alex." I smile.

Alex turns to me and bites his lip.

"Y/n, I-I think I'm... in love with you." He says still biting his lip.

My heart flutters at his words. I certainly did not see that one coming. I was speechless.

Alex gets a worried look in his eyes. "Oh my God, I'm so sorry I-" I cut him off.

"No it's... it's fine" I give him a reassuring smile.

"Are you sure because um... well...you know this is awkward." he gives a shaky laugh.

I put my hand on his shoulder.

"Alex it's fine, it's not awkward really." I say.

Alex nods and continues to stare at me and I can tell what he's thinking. I noticed Alex start to lean down a bit. His lips are getting closer to mine and before I know it, he kisses me.

So many things are running through my head.

I thought about how nice Alex's lips felt on mine, I thought that maybe I might love Alex back, but most of all I thought about Lucas. I didn't want to think of him, but I just couldn't help it. I still had feelings for Lucas even after what he did, and those feelings made kissing Alex feel wrong.

"Alex."I mumble against his lips. He looks at me with concern.

"What's wrong?" he asks.

I look away feeling nervous to tell him.

"It's him isn't it?" he says. I simply nod my head.

"I figured." he mumbles. "I'm sorry Alex, I just-" He cuts me off.

"No Y/n, it's fine" He smiles.

*1 hour Later*

Alex and I had continued to watch TV.

Alex's phone started to ring and when he checked it, he excused himself. When he comes back, he has a small smile.

"Everything ok?" I ask him.

"Yeah... um... just going to have a, um, visitor over later." he says.

I nod my head thinking nothing of it for the moment. A while later there's a ring at the door. Alex quickly stands to get it. I don't pay attention to who it is at the door.

I hear Alex cough and I look up.

Lo and behold.

In front of me is none other than...

Lucas.

He has a weak smile on his lips.

He gives me a small wave and when I don't respond, he sighs and starts walking toward me.

"Y/n, look I know I messed up bu-" I cut him off.

"Alex, what is he doing here?" I ask angrily.

"He wanted to see you, and I agreed... just...just try to hear him out" Alex says as he walks away with a pained look in his eyes.

Lucas sits down next to me but I refuse to look at him.

"I know you must be mad at me."he says quietly.

"You don't say?" I roll my eyes, making it clear that I didn't want him here.

He lets out another sigh. "I'm sorry." He says.

I let out an angry laugh. "Sorry doesn't make everything better."

"I know." he looks down.

I look over at him and see that he's crying and I start to feel bad. I didn't mean to hurt his feelings, I was just so angry.

But he did hurt mine.

"Look. I know I screwed up so bad Y/n and I don't expect you to forgive me, but all I want is one more chance." he cries.

"Lucas, I forgive you, but I-I can't... I can't give you another chance. You hurt me so much when you did that. Everything we worked for, everything we had, you threw it away." I say as tears start to stream down my face.

Lucas quietly nods looking away from me. I realised now how much I'd miss him. I was in love with Lucas and as bad as I wanted to go back to him, as bad as I wanted to kiss his lips and tell him everything was fine... I just couldn't.

"I'm sorry, Lucas." I cry.

"Can I ask one thing then?" he looks up.

I nod my head, wiping my tears with my sleeve.

"Y/n, let's start over. All the way over. Let's forget about this and just go back to the very beginning." he says, "Can we still be friends?"

I bite my lips and think.

It's worth a try, right? 

Slowly, I nod my head.

Lucas engulfs me into a hug.

"Thank you" he says.

A warm smiles spreads across my face even though I would never forget what he did to me, if he wanted me back then he's gonna have to work for it but for now, being friends is all that matters.

A/N:Cheating is never okay.

AT ALL.

Just to make it clear, this is an imagine. But if in real life, someone cheats on you then DUMP THAT MF AND MOVE ON, YOU DESERVE BETTER THAN THAT PIECE OF CRAP!

Anyways, sorry for that behaviour. Don't forget to vote and check out my Dobre Preferences!

All the love. X

-S