Coat Switch (Twins)

Song: Thief by Ansel Elgort

Note: Don't get confused. 

y/n is Lucas' gf

y/bff/n is Marcus' gf

Your POV:

It's cold outside.

I stuff my hands in my pockets, trying to find some warmth in my blazer pocket as the freezing wind blows around. I quickly walk out the school gates and smile when I see Marcus by our usual rendezvous.

"Hey." He says with a warm smile, he's wearing his big furry coat and he looks so warm and comfortable in it, it makes me shiver again.

"Hey."

I stand beside him, rubbing my hands together to keep them warm.

"They went to put their laptops away." Marcus says, noticing my frown.

I nod and watch the school gates, waiting for y/bff/n and Lucas to walk out.

I think Marcus noticed how cold I was by my trembling legs so he slips off his coat and hands it to me.

"Marcus, no. You're gonna freeze." I refuse his offer of warmth, not wanting him to get a cold.

"No y/n, you're gonna catch pneumonia.. Just take it, I have a hoodie underneath." He insists, wrapping his coat around my shoulders.

"Thank you so much, Marcus." I say, my teeth chattering.

"No problem, y/n. Y/bff/n would kill me if I let you die." He grins, shoving his hands inside his pockets.

I let out a laugh while slipping on his enormous, furry coat, savouring the warmth that radiates from it. I try to do the zip but my fingers can't reach all the way down but Marcus helps me, pulling the 2 sides of the coat together which coincidentally pulls me closer to him, our breaths mingling with each others. He's thankfully too busy pulling my zip up to notice how red my cheeks have become.

God sake, he's my best friend's boyfriend. Get a grip on yourself.

"Thanks." I mumble.

He just grins cutely and returns to his position, leaning on the wall.

I also lift up the massive hood and put it on, glad at how warm I am right now. I feel sorry for wearing his coat but I was too cold to refuse his kind offer.

Finally, I see the familiar faces of my best friend and Lucas walking beside her. Lucas smirks at me, making me smirk back and then I glance at y/bff/n who approaches me with a cold glare.

I frown, wondering why she's glaring at me like that. They reach us and y/bff/n walks towards me.

"What do you think you're doing?" She snaps. Lucas comes beside me, raising his eyebrows but staying silent. Marcus just watches us.

"What do you mean?" I ask in confusion.

"Why the hell are you wearing my boyfriend's coat?" She shoots daggers at me this time, the envy clear on her face.

I'm about to explain when I notice the brown furry coat that she's wearing, that coat definitely doesn't belong to her....it belongs to Lucas.

I raise an eyebrow at her, crossing my arms against my chest.

"Then explain why you're wearing my boyfriend's coat?"

"Because he gave it to me." She scoffs, imitating my pose by also crossing her arms.

My nostrils flare and Lucas puts a hand on my shoulder to calm me down and tries to explain but I brush him away and smirk at her.

"Marcus gave me his coat too."

Now she looks away from me and glares at Marcus, Marcus puts his hands up in surrender.

"She was cold, I had to give it to her, babe." Marcus says, pulling her closer to him. She tries to pry away from him but he holds her with a strong grip and she avoids his gaze. I roll my eyes at them and turn to Lucas who is pouting at me.

I try to look mad but I can't because his cute face is too adorable to be mad at. I give him a small smile and he chuckles, pulling me in for a tight hug.

We stay in each other's embrace for a few minutes before reluctantly breaking away, we turn to the others but they're practically eating each other's face off. Marcus has y/bff/n pinned to the wall and his hands are gripped on her waist, her arms are pressed against his chest and their lips....let's just say they were having a great time.

I roll my eyes and Lucas laughs before clearing his throat loudly. They don't seem to hear us so we both clear our throats which finally gets their attention and they break away. Marcus has pleased smirk on his face but y/bff/n's cheeks have turned a dark shade of red which only makes me smirk wider.

"Had fun?" I wiggle my eyebrows as we start walking.

"Shut up." She mutters, avoiding my gaze.

"So you didn't like it?"

"I said shut up!" She whines, clenching her fists.

I chuckle before turning to Marcus. "Marcus, she didn't li-"

"Okay, fine! Here's his coat!" She takes off Lucas' coat and hands it to me and I smirk in victory, giving her Marcus' coat.

"Girls." Lucas mutter under his breath but I hear him.

"Excuse me?"

"Nothing." He says sheepishly.

"That's what I thought."

Then we all burst out laughing.

A/N: I literally came up with this yesterday... I was walking out of school and I saw someone's coat hood and it reminded me of Marcus' hood from that photo from my preferences so then I thought what if Marcus gave me his coat and my best friend got jealous (bc she likes Marcus and I like Lucas) and then I told her about this idea and she said 'what if I was wearing Lucas' coat??' and yeah PLOT TWIST FOWSGP.

Hoped you like this!

All the love. X

-S