School with the Twins

Y/n's POV:

I cross my arms. "We have to go, Y/bff/n!"

"No we don't. It's a booster." She crosses her arms.

I huff in annoyance. "It's a timetabled lesson; if you don't go then you'll get into trouble!"

"No I won't, I'll tell my mum to write a note." She smirks.

I roll my eyes and shake my head. Lucas and Marcus stand next to us, watching our little argument.

"Should I go, Marcus?" She asks Marcus, raising an eyebrow.

Marcus looks at me and then back at Y/bff/n. He puts a hand on her shoulder.

"I think you should go, I don't want you to get into trouble."

This time it's my turn to smirk. "See?"

"Ugh, for fucks sake, I'm not going and that's final!" Y/bff/n scowls.

"Fine, do what you want." I turn around.

"Are you actually going?" Y/bff/n asks mockingly.

I just say bye to them and start walking to my French class.

"Babe! Wait!" I hear Lucas shout and his footsteps coming towards me. I stop.

"Babe, text me when you get home, okay?" He strokes my face with his hand. I clench my jaw, still angry but I nod.

"Alright, bye. I love you." He quickly pecks me on the lips and makes me forget why I was angry for a few seconds.

"Love you too, bye." I give him a small smile before walking off again.

                                                                                           *****

*After School*

I walk out of my form room and walk down the stairs. I wait by the end, as usual, for Y/bff/n as her form always comes out last. I say hi to a few friends and carry on waiting. I check her classroom but she's not there.

What?

I ask one of her friends where she is and she tells me that she has detention for an hour for truancy. I thank her and head to the benches where I always meet the Twins. I smile when I see Marcus waiting there.

"Hey." I stand beside him.

"Hi." He gives me a warm smile but then frowns. I also frown when I notice the absence.

"Where's Y/bff/n?" He looks behind me expecting her there but she's not.

"She got detention for truancy, I told her to come to the French lesson yesterday but she didn't want to go. That's what happens when you don't listen to me." I explain, rolling my eyes.

Marcus shakes his head, his curls bouncing lazily.

I sigh. "Where's Lu—"

"Detention." Marcus says, rolling his eyes now.

I laugh. "What did he do now?"

Marcus grins. "He kept talking back to Miss Toop when she told him to stop talking. So she sent him out and gave him detention."

"Oh, Lucas." I smile to myself. I can just imagine him sitting in detention probably trying to talk to someone or causing noise. Or he could be texting.

"Does he have his phone?" I ask.

"No, I took it." He takes it out of his pocket and shows it to me. "He would be in even more trouble if he got caught so I took it off him."