Detention with Marcus

Song: M.I.A by Why Don't We

A/N: 45K reads (13/13/17)

Your POV:

I clench my jaw as I hear Marcus and Tessa whisper with each other. I try to ignore them and continue answering the stupid question on Enzymes.

What the hell is an enzyme inhibitor?!

I roll my eyes and flick through my textbook, hoping it would explain what the flip an enzyme inhibitor does. I glance over to my right where Marcus is chuckling at something Tessa said.

I watch as Mr Powell looks around the room to see if everyone's doing their work. If he catches Marcus talking then he'll get detention. I can't let him get detention because he's my ride home and I can't wait for an hour after school because I have a Psychology Test tomorrow and I need to revise.

I sigh and try to get Marcus' attention before Mr Powell walks over to our table to check on us.

"Marcus." I whisper but he doesn't seem to hear me.

"Marcus!" I say a little louder but it still does nothing.

I nudge Marcus who finally looks towards me with a smile while Tessa frowns at me for getting Marcus' attention away from her.

"Wassup, babe?"

"Marcus-" I start to whisper but it's too late.

"Y/n, are you talking to Marcus? Detention after school, for both of you." Mr Powell says before returning to his desk.

I groan and scowl at Marcus who smiles at me sheepishly and finishes off his work. I catch Tessa glaring at me before she she looks away.

I roll my eyes and write down my answer.

***

I hug y/bff/n goodbye before trudging to the detention room. It's all Tessa's fault, if she wasn't talking to Marcus then I wouldn't have had to try to tell them to shut up but no. I'm the one who got into trouble.

I shake my head and enter the room which is basically empty apart from Mrs Ludlow sitting at the front desk, typing away on her laptop and a few of the bad boys in my class like Zach and Jack who usually end up in detention for stupid things.

Zach grins at me as I walk past them and sit on one of the back seats behind them. I smile back before dropping my bag on the floor and taking a seat. Jack looks up from his phone and raises his eyebrows in surprise when he notices me.

"What are you doing here?" He whispers, a look of curiosity on his face.

"Got in trouble for talking." I reply back and he nods sympathetically.

I take out my reading book and proceed to read before the door opens and Marcus walks in. He looks around the room and instantly grins when he spots me at the back but I completely ignore him and decide to talk to the boys in front of me.

"So, why are you here?" I ask, leaning forward towards Jack.

Jack turns his body towards me and leans his elbows on my table. " We didn't do our English homework."

"And I apparently kept disrupting the class when I asked to go to the toilet." Zach adds, rolling his eyes. I giggle and they both grin.

I watch Marcus approach my table and take a seat beside me.

A frown appears on his face when he notices how I didn't even look at him as I continue to talk to the boys.

"What was your english homework?" I ask, putting my book down on the table.

"Uh, I think we had to analyse one of the poems. But I don't understand how to do it." Jack flicks through his book and shows me the poem.

"Oh, I did that." Zach smirks proudly.

Jack rolls his eyes, "No you didn't, dummy. You copied Corbyn."

I laugh as Zach pouts cutely but also laughs. I glance at Marcus who's glaring at the boys, his fists clenched and his eyebrows furrowed.

Ha, that's what you get.

"I can help you, if you want." I shrug, smiling at Jack.

"Really? Thanks so much, y/n!" He sighs in relief.

"Can you help me too?" Zach asks, batting his eyelashes.

I can't help but chuckle. "Of course, we can meet in the library after school tomorrow."

"Okay, thanks bro." Zach smiles, giving me a high-five.

Mrs Ludlow glances at us so Zach and Jack turn back to their table before they get caught.

I swear I hear a growl coming from Marcus' lips, I turn to him with a smirk while his face softens.

"Don't like it, huh?"

He shakes his head in defeat, crossing his arms across his chest.

"That's how I felt when you kept talking to Tessa. I got in trouble because of you, you know. I was trying to tell you to stop talking but you didn't listen."

A look of guilt passes his features and now I actually feel bad for blaming him. I put my hand on his arm, comforting him but he grabs my hand tightly, pulling me closer to him.

"You was right, I was wrong. I'm a fool." He says, kissing my hand.

My cheeks turn red as I notice Zach smirking at us, thankfully Jack nudges him and they both mind their business.

"It's okay, Marcus." I squeeze his hand reassuringly.

"Let me make it all up to you." He looks me in the eyes, our faces close to each other. I give him a smile.

"For God's sake, just kiss her already!" Jack mutters and we all laugh and before I know it, Marcus presses his lips on mine.

A/N: Hope you enjoyed this guys. Don't forget to vote and check out my Dobre Preferences!

Also I don't know if this will be the last time I post and we talk because of the whole Net Neutrality everyone is talking about. If you don't know what I'm talking about then google it. Basically someone, I think Trump or the American Congress, wants to make the internet not public and make you pay to use websites/apps which is bloody absurd if you ask me.

So I just want to say I really enjoyed writing these imagines for you and just share my creativity and hopefully made you smile or laugh or cry. Thank you all for supporting me and for being lovely people who enjoy my writing. Wattpad changed my life. I'm so grateful for all of you and I love you all so much. We are family. I hope this isn't the last time we meet...

All the love. X

-S