candy.

Freddie P.O.V

I finished paying, finally. This slow ass service. I turned around. "C'mon Celeste."

But she wasn't where she sat.

I looked around. She wasn't even in the lobby.

"Celeste?.Celeste where are you? It's not time for hide and seek baby." I walked around the lobby. I just couldn't find her, and that caused me to panic. I dropped the suitcases and ran everywhere.

"Celeste?! Celeste?!" Oh my god. I went outside and saw her baby suitcase sitting in the middle of the parking lot.

"Celeste!!??!" I screamed.

"I'm over here daddy." I heard her small voice and ran to her. I picked her up.

"Celeste, don't you ever run off like that again. You scared me." I hugged her tightly.

"In sorry daddy. Someone called me." She said.

"Who?"

"That man, well, he ran when he saw you. But he said he was gonna but me some candy. And you know I love candy." She smiled.

"Damnit, Celeste. Don't fall for that crap. That man wanted to take you away from me. He wanted to kidnap you. Remember that movie we saw with the bad man and the van?" I asked.

She nodded.

"That's one of those men. Don't do that again okay? Daddy loves you too much to let you get taken away okay? And daddy's sorry for yelling at you earlier. I was mad." I said.

I went back in the lobby and picked our stuff back up, then I put them in the car. I picked up her baby suitcase and she sat in next to her. She got in the car and buckled up. I got in the car and started driving.

"It's okay, I love you too daddy." She hugged me and kissed my cheek. "Are we still going home?"

"Maybe, I don't know yet." I said.

She sighed. "Yo quiero ir a casa de mamá." (I wanna go to mom's house.)

"If you would've behaved we could have. But you didn't, so now we have to go home."

She stayed quiet.

I'm just playing with her, I can't do her like that. Of course were still going to Jada's house. For one Celeste wants to see her, and for two, I want to see her fine ass. And she's been bugging me about it since she came to my house. We drove for about an hour and 25 minutes. Then I started thinking. Yeah, Celeste is my daughter, she was born when I was 18. I'm 25 now, and I love her to eternity. Her mom, Aliyah doesn't though. She wants to put her up for adoption. She has 2 times already. Talking bout 'I don't have time for kids, there's a life of there and I wanna live it, I can't have a baby in the way!'. I've picked her up both times.  I had to explain to Celeste what foster care is. Her mom said it was daycare. Damn I hate her.

"Daddy, I want candy." Celeste said, breaking knew from my thoughts. "There's the candy store." She pointed to a store across from us.

"Sweetheart, daddy's trying to hurry up and get t-"

"Please daddy? I really want it."

I sighed and pulled into the store. I got out and she did too. I grabbed her hand and we walked inside.

I lead her to the candy isle. "What do you want?" I asked her.

She walked around and picked out the things she wanted. Apple Juice, Chips, Cookies, gummy worms, gummy bears, lollipops, and her favorite, some Jolly Ranchers.