three

Mattia's pov:

my landlord told me there would be a new bitch moving in on my floor but i didn't really care. as long as she doesn't bother me, everything will be fine.

i had an accident last week, an overdose. but it was a low profile drug so i was fine. after that i've been laying off a bit with the drugs. i had to get a loan to pay for my hospital bill. i only brought in enough money a month to pay rent and to buy drugs. it was lowkey embarrassing to be honest. so i decided it was time to at least try and get my shit somewhat together. i applied for a job at subway but they never called back.

"oh well. i tried" i told myself.

at least i tried. i didn't have any plans on quitting drugs anytime soon. they helped me cope. my mom left when i was 11 ish and when i was 14 my dad died in a car accident. i started smoking weed days after he was pronounced dead. soon enough i was almost immune to weed. i moved onto percocet and heroine around 16 and now i do pretty much everything in the book. frankly, i don't give a fraction of a fuck. no one cares about me anyway, why should i care about myself?

ding dong

"hello?" i asked, opening the door looking up to see who it was.

"hey mattia. how are things?" my landlord asked me.

"good boss. what's up?" i asked slurring my words, something i did when i was dangerously high.

"just wanted to let you know our new resident has moved in down the hall. figured you had the right to know" he said with a very polite tone, finishing his sentence with a genuine smile.

it was nice to see him once in a while. in a way, he was a father to me. not that i called him dad, or that we did father and son things. but he checked up on me, which i appreciated.

"thank you. have a good one man" i said shaking his hand.

he smiled once again and then walked to the next door neighbors house, telling them the same thing, with the same expressions, same smile, same tone.

sure did make me feel special. i rolled my eyes and walked back inside. i sat down on my couch and lit a blunt.

i wonder why he was going around telling everyone about this new resident. i've been living here for almost three years and people have cycled in and out. he's never done this before.

maybe they were hooking up. i thought and chuckled to myself as i inhaled the weed from the cylinder, glass tipped blunt.

~