forty nine

Mattia's pov:

i was so tired from work today. i haven't done that much physical exercise in years. i was used to staying home on the couch, in my bed. but it was so much fun it made me feel so fucking good about myself. i was proud.

chris had asked to come over and spend the night. holy shit could this day get any fucking better?

"hey maaa" i said dragging out the 'a' while opening the door.

"hi bubba" she giggled.

i pulled her into a hug and leaned down to kiss her. our lips came into contact. this day could get better. i pulled away from the kiss and looked in her eyes. she looked tired. poor bub.

what i hadn't realized is that i also looked tired. work was tiring and i guess i looked the part more than normal.

"you look tired mattia" she stated, concerned.

"yeah i had-" i was not going to tell her i had work today. i wasn't ready. "yeah i had to do some errands today"

she looked at me in kind of a proud way. she showed me she was happy i did something today by giving me a kiss on the cheek. my heart beat a million times harder than it was previously. this girl drove me crazy man i didn't think it was possible. i always saw it in movies and shit but who the hell knew it was real.

Christina's pov:

mattia looked more tired than normal. i had wondered if he had gotten into drugs again. i asked and he said that he went out and ran errands. thank god he didn't relapse. that would've broken my heart at this point.

"want to go out for dinner or do you want me to whip up something..." my voice trailed off.

"we could cook something..." he raised an eyebrow.

holy shit he was adorable. how could i say no at this point.

"of course we could cook something together bubba. whatever you want" i smiled at him, i couldn't help it.

he walked over to the pantry and pulled out noodles. he cutely trotted to the fridge and pulled out spaghetti sauce. he set them down on the counter and smirked at me.

"spaghetti?" i smiled.

"yeah remember? the first time you invited me over?" he asked.

"of course i remember. i didn't think you remembered" i began to tear up.

wow this motherfucker made me emotional as fuck. i didn't think he would remember after everything he's been through. it made me emotional because i thought he would just forget it after the overdose. it was a little thing. such a little thing.

"how could i forget?" he smiled and dragged me by my arm into the kitchen.

~