sixty three

Mattia's pov:

i had work today. i was contemplating calling off but what good would that do me. not like i was going to die if i went into work or something.

chris wouldn't leave my mind. i knew she was going through a lot with her mom coming to the complex and me 'cheating on her' i felt bad.

"hey pretty boy" jasmine smiled at me.

"fuck off jasmine" i spat at her.

"woah woah. that is no way to talk to your boss" she smirked.

boss? she was my coworker... she wasn't my boss. what the fuck was she talking about?

"boss?" i asked, eyes wide.

"i got promoted to manager this morning" she stated proudly.

"oh. congrats" i said monotoned, then walked away.

manager? great. my personal life was a piece of shit, my relationship status was torn to shreds, my family life was non-fucking-existent, and now my work was going to be managed by a hoe. talk about a living fucking hell.

Christina's pov:

work was fine. everything was normal. until during my lunch break, i received a phone call.

"hello" i said.

"hello. christina?" the female voice asked through the cell phone.

"um yes. who is this?" i questioned her.

"this is the town hospital. we have your father in one of our rooms and he seemed to have suffered
an attack. he refused to call anyone from his emergency contact list and he said you were
his last hope" she finished.

"my dad? don?" i asked her.

"yes ma'am. don is your father correct?" her voice starting to sound concerned.

"the hospital?" i was speechless. "i'll be there as soon as i can"

i hung up the phone and put down what was left of my sandwich. i grabbed my bag and ran to find my manager. i saw where she had been standing and jogged up to her, leaving her confused.

"yes chris?" she sounded annoyed.

"i need to take the rest of the day off. my father is in the hospital and i just got a call" i explained, almost out of breath.

"okay go ahead. i understand" she patted my shoulder.

i called an uber and ran out of the mall. the first thing i thought of doing was calling mattia. but we weren't together anymore. but we were still friends. but it would be better to tell him in person.

"hi i need to be shown to a room please" i said to the lady nurse at the desk.

"name?" the nurse asked.

"don" i stated.

~