thirty seven

Mattia's pov:

chris had been acting a little bit off lately. today, before she left, she got a call from a random number. when i asked who it was, she brushed it off. maybe she secretly knew but didn't want to tell me.

it was late. i really needed to go to bed. as the time grew later each night, my craving would get worse. so i started going to bed earlier and earlier every night. i started waking up earlier and earlier too. i thought maybe if i could start getting up earlier, i could drive with chris to work each morning. we had talked about it and she thought it was a good idea for me to start getting out of my house more often. since this was the place where i did the most drugs. this is the only place i had ever done drugs so my body knows it as that type of environment, which i desperately wanted to change.

"goodnight mamas had fun today :)" i messaged her before setting my phone down and pressing my head against the pillow.

we had been texting each other goodnight and good morning for a while now. my day felt incomplete if i didn't send a message to her before i went to bed. she told me it reassures her that i'm okay so i felt good texting her.

i fell asleep thinking about chris and that suspicious ass phone call. should i ask her about it? huh maybe she would think i was being nosy.

i began to drift off to sleep before i heard my phone vibrating on my nightstand. i knew it had to be chris as i never received notifications from literally anyone else.

"goodnight. sleep well. i'll bring home dinner for you from somewhere tomorrow, any suggestions?" her message read.

"anywhere is fine thx ma" i pressed send.

i turned my phone off so i could get some sleep and maybe wake up early enough to catch chris before she leaves for work. i was starting to miss her so i quickly shut my mind off before i started to simp. i drifted off to sleep thinking of the girl.

~