thirty nine

Mattia's pov:

we got to the mall and walked inside. she let me know that she had to get to work and i agreed she should go. i pulled her into a hug not wanting to let her go. she eventually pulled away from the hug and reached up to grab my face. she looked up at my eyes for a few seconds before standing on her tippy toes to kiss my cheek. as she tried to walk away, i grabbed her hand and pulled her back into me, kissing her lips.

she smiled and walked into the gucci store, beginning to work.

i began walking around the mall looking at all the different stores. i hadn't been to this mall in around a year. it was nice to get out to be honest. i was excited to buy something new to show chris. i walked into foot locker.

Christina's pov:

i started to work in the back, like normal, before i heard a coworker call my name.

"yes?" i replied.

she told me that someone was here to visit me. what the fuck? i began to wonder if it was mattia or if something happened to him. i rushed to the main store and saw my dad standing at the check-out counter. oh shit.

"dad?" i asked walking toward the desk.

"hey christina. i just came to see if you were working today" he said, stone faced.

how did he know i worked here? did he follow me here? does he know where i live? did he see me with mattia? my mind was racing with questions. i felt a sudden bolt of boldness in my body and spoke aloud.

"how do you know where i work?" i asked, staying behind the cashier counter.

"oh. well after i called you, and you answered, i was able to track your i.p. address" he said seeming guilty.

he fucking what? he tracked my god damn i.p. address. that fucking psychopath. but i turned my location off? did he go through my fucking internet carrier? what do i even say to that?

"oh okay. why are you here? i'm working. what do you need?" i spoke with audible irritation.

"i just wanted to make things right in person" he stated with a small grin on his face.

okay maybe my mind was being a little too harsh. he seems genuine. but he fucking tracked my phone. okay but maybe that was the only way he could've gotten to talk to me me in person. i decided to cut the man a little bit of slack.

"i can talk after i get off" i said not showing any emotion.

he agreed and walked out of the store. damn, talk about persistent.

~