fifteen

Mattia's pov:

i got dressed in something somewhat nice. nicer than what i was wearing. sweatpants instead of basketball shorts and a sweatshirt instead of a ripped up t-shirt.

i grabbed my phone and my apartment keys. man i haven't been out since i went to pick up my drugs from my dealer. oh shit. it hit me. i was going over to chris's.

before i knew it, i was at her door. i was so nervous to sit down and eat with her. but to be honest i was so hungry. i hadn't eaten in days. and i haven't had a good conversation with a friend since like a year ago. i was definitely excited but also really nervous. i got over myself and i reached my hand up to knock.

"hey" she said answering the door and moving out of the way allowing me to enter.

"wow smells amazing" i said delightfully.

she smiled at me and looked at the ground. i knew what she was going to say by the way she looked embarrassed.

"sorry i don't have any furniture" she said as her cheeks grew red.

"i don't care" i said and smiled big at her.

it was true. i didn't care that she didn't have furniture. there was probably a good reason. all i was here for was a nice conversation and a meal. i wasn't here to judge.

Christina's pov:

i was nervous to have mattia over for some reason. i didn't know why or how to make it stop. all i wanted to do was ask him what happened. i know it's not really my place to ask something like that but i knew he needed someone. i could tell he was alone.

"i made spaghetti..." i said my voice trailing off.

mattia looked different today. i couldn't put my finger on it but something was off compared to the other interactions i've had with him.

"i know i could smell it from my apartment" he said in an up-beat voice and laughed.

i didn't really know how to start off a conversation. especially with a handsome guy that was also a drug addict who just lived in my complex. this was difficult. i decided i was thinking too hard and so i just said what was on my mind.

"so what happened? i know it's not really my place to ask that but i don't know maybe you would want to talk about it..." i said with genuine passion.

he looked at me weird and i immediately felt embarrassed and regretful. why the fuck would he want to tell me what happened?

Mattia's pov:

she asked me what happened. and yeah i did want to talk about it. i haven't talked about what happened or how it made me feel in so long. like three years long.

i was confused. maybe my face showed it because she looked away, seeming embarrassed. no she shouldn't be embarrassed. i should be the one embarrassed.

"yeah i would love to talk about it actually" i said reassuring her that she shouldn't regret asking.

~