twenty six

Christina's pov:

today at work, was our employee lunch in. basically everyone brought something in for all the other employees to eat for lunch. i was new so they let me off the hook. everyone was so welcoming.

"thank you so much" i said to my coworker handing me a plate.

it was half way through the lunch in and i felt like i finally had made some friends. i was proud of myself. i felt a part of something.

Mattia's pov:

i walked into my house and read the paper over and over again. i wasn't going to be able to afford this months rent. what the fuck was i going to do. i needed to relax. i starred down my stash.

"okay one more won't hurt" i said walking over to my stash of drugs.

i grabbed the pill bottle full of percocet and flicked the cap off. i starred at the drug laying in the bottle. my dealer said two shouldn't hurt so i popped three.

i put the pills into my mouth and swallowed, expecting euphoria. the world around me slowed down to almost a stop and i couldn't seem to breathe. i noticed my vision begin to turn blurry. my head began to spin as i failed to inhale. i grabbed my chest at what seemed like a turtle's pace.

i fell to the ground and my eyes slowly shut.

Christina's pov:

today was such a good day. after the lunch in, i went back to work folding clothes.

~