eleven

Mattia's pov:

this whole thing with chris was driving me crazy. even when i was high. i needed to get my mind off of her. ever since yesterday when she came to my apartment, i've been blowing my smoke out of the back window so it doesn't go through the vents.

i saw her get into an uber again today. around the same time as yesterday. huh that's weird i wonder where she had to be.

Christina's pov:

today was my second day of work. and honestly, i couldn't get my mind off of mattia. i wanted to help him, so bad. i could see the pain in his eyes. but i couldn't get distracted. i need this job. it pays really well.

i got in my uber and i noticed homeboy spying on me.

"didn't know he was a spy all of a sudden" i say monotoned followed by a chuckle.

"i'm sorry could you speak up?" my uber driver said from the front seat leaning over her shoulder.

"oh nothing sorry" i said and fake laughed.

Mattia's pov:
⚠️ graphic

i sat, alone and bored. i ordered a little extra fentanyl from my dealer this week. was feeling bold. i walked over to my stash that lay on my counter. i was too lazy to put it away anywhere else.

i grabbed the drug and put it in the syringe, mixing it with my small dose of heroin. before long, it was ready to be injected. normally i would inject it into my wrist area but today i pushed the needle into my inner elbow. after reading some articles, people had said it hit them harder when inserted through a larger vein.

"ow shit" i said as the needle pierced through my skin.

as many times as i have some drugs like this, i've never gotten used to the initial poke of the needle. sadly, i was used to the trip. i had done little amounts of heroine here and there but fentanyl was new fairly to me.

after injecting it in my arm, my vision started to go blurry. i was used to this part. i had only injected fentanyl with a small dose of heroine twice before. i was used to the beginning of the trip so it didn't faze me. what i didn't realize is that being high before hand had a huge effect on the trip.

"woah...haha" i chuckled as the drug hit me like a train.

i couldn't walk so i got on my knees and crawled back to the couch. i probably look like the biggest dumbass right now. i sat on the cushion and looked around. everything was in slow motion and i felt out of my body.

i liked it. no, i loved this new feeling. i felt like nothing was wrong. that nothing had ever been wrong. i felt like i had no responsibilities or priorities. i felt like i was floating, no weight on me. nothing on my mind. like i was alone with my thoughts. but i wasn't thinking. which made it ten times more enjoyable.

i knew i had made the right decision when ordering extra. although i had only bought enough fentanyl for this one injection. i began to think of how i used the remainder of the drug and that there was none left.

eh let me not think of that right now. let me just vibe while the feeling is still with me. this trip was worth the pain of the shot.

~