nineteen

Christina's pov:

"hey chris" my coworker said as i walked into the gucci store.

"hey" i replied.

i walked to the back where most of my day took place. i never really went out into the main store unless i needed something or i had a question. i had really bad anxiety about asking for help since my parents were dicks about that stuff. a 'do it
on your own' type beat.

but today i ran out of size tags for the pants. shit. i built up the courage and walked out into the main store. i walked to the cashier desk and went to get the attention of my coworker. before i could say anything, i heard someone call my name from behind me.

"chris?!" a deep voice said.

i turned around and saw my friend from school. i smiled big and ran into his arms. it felt like a dream. i haven't been able to hug someone like this in months. i was glad that i ran out of size tags.

Mattia's pov:

after i woke up and got dressed i immediately walked over to my stash. wait. chris.

"yo what the fuck am i doing?" i asked myself.

i remembered my feelings for chris. i could tell she was against drugs. well maybe not against the drugs but she was definitely against me doing them. maybe i should see how long i can go sober for. yeah that sounded like a good idea.

Christina's pov:

i took the rest of the day off and hung out with my friend at the other parts of the mall. his name is alex. i was so happy to finally be able to tell him everything that happened since i haven't seen him in months.

"wow i'm so proud of you chris" he exclaimed.

it was nice to hear that. that someone was proud of me. he told me he believed in me. and that he knew i would get out of there. meaning he knew i would be able to figure out how to leave my parents house. he knew it was toxic.

after we were done at the mall, i asked him if he wanted to come back to my place. maybe help me pick out some furniture for when i have enough money saved up.

"sounds perfect" he said with a charming smile.

i was more than excited to have him over. it felt like i would never see him again. i know that sounds like bullshit but i thought my parents were going to kill me at one point or another.

i forgot how good it felt to have someone you trust to talk to about deep shit with.

~