six

Christina's pov:

i've lived here for almost a month now and it always smelt like weed. i knew it was fuck head from a few weeks ago but i knew if i snitched him out, i would have to do paperwork and shit. i didn't want to do that so i put it beside me.

i got a job at a gucci store in the closest mall to the complex and today was my first day. to be honest, i was so nervous. i hadn't been this nervous since the day my mom hit me and i hit her back. bad choice. i know. you don't have to tell me. i have a huge scar to prove it was probably the worst decision i've ever made.

i had enough saved up for the first three month's rent, without discount. i was proud of myself but i needed more than money for rent. i needed food, furniture, and a lot of other shit that i don't even want to think about.

i called an uber and before i knew it we were parked outside the city mall.

"thank you" i said with a nervous grin and got out of the car.

bleh. it smelt like wet dog in there. i got over the stench that still lingered and walked inside. they said dress casual so i wore ripped white jeans, white air forces and a plain black t-shirt. i thought i looked good not going to lie.

"hi my name is chris. i talked to myra, i think, on the phone yesterday about starting a job here today" i said with a painfully fake smile on my face.

"oh yes. christina?" she said signaling for me to follow her.

i traced her steps to the back of the store where they gave me a few gucci shirts, to wear throughout the week, with the word 'worker' on the boob. classy. i picked three over sized ones because fitted shirts are gross. she showed me the works of the place and had me start working in the back, folding shit.

i was proud of myself. finally able to support me without having to be worried about my birth giver and her sperm donor. i was on the way to living a better life. i was excited.

~