twenty three

Mattia's pov:

"thank you so much" i said as we walked out of the restaurant.

i had an amazing time with chris to be honest. i really liked her and her positive attitude fixed my negative one. although i was still pissed off at myself and everything around me, chris made me feel happy inside.

"hey don't worry about it ok?" she said patting me on the shoulder.

i looked over at her and watched her pull out her phone. she ordered an uber and then put her phone down. she looked up and caught me starring at her. i got embarrassed and my cheeks got red. apparently it was noticeable since she stopped walking and turned to me.

Christina's pov:

i caught mattia starring at me. it was adorable the way he got flustered and embarrassed. i stopped walking and turned to him. god i wanted to kiss him so bad. it's too early. i cant.

"don't be embarrassed" i said smiling.

he looked into my eyes and for a second, the world stopped. i wish he wasn't a drug addict so bad right now. i wanted to act up.

ding

"uber is here" i broke eye contact.

Mattia's pov:

we got in the uber and i put my hand on the middle seat, in between us. just because it was comfortable. i wasn't thinking much of it before chris put her hand on top of mine.

i looked from our hands and then up to chris. she was looking out the window admiring the surroundings. god she was beautiful.

i wanted to tell her how i felt but i knew she was against me doing drugs. it wasn't going to be a pretty process, but as of now, my plan was to go sober.

imagine that. mattia polibio going sober for some girl. i thought about it. it was going to be really rough. i started to think of what would happen to our relationship, our friendship, if i couldn't.

maybe she would accept it as a part of who i am. but doing drugs isn't a personality trait. i needed to fix this addiction thing. i needed to fix it now.

~