seventy two

Christina's pov:

i saw mattia's arm raise up and swing toward alex. it hit alex right on the peak of his cheekbone. his head spun off the the side and his body jolted, following the direction in which his head was falling. he caught his balance and stood back up, facing mattia. he looked confused, like he didn't know what had hit him.

"you thought i wouldn't do anything? i'll do anything to protect the girl i love" he finished.

"you love her?" alex said, his facial expression dropping to a frown.

"with all my heart" mattia looked at me.

we weren't dating or official but the way that he sticks up for me made my heart flutter. i don't know what the fuck was alex's problem but it seemed like mattia had put him in his place.

"chris" alex looked from mattia, over to me. "fuck you" he spat at me.

"i'm sure you would love to hun" i watched him walk away.

i knew the situation was over and i had taken the dub but i felt guilty. alex really had feelings for me and i never noticed. i just pushed him away. but i was extremely happy with mattia and he came to fuck it up.

i didn't know what to think. my mind was overwhelmed with ugly thoughts. i felt like i was going to cry, but i held myself together as mattia was still standing next to me.

Mattia's pov:

"i'm sure you would love to hun" chris spoke as alex walked away.

chris was very strong in the sense that she knew what was good for her. i knew she was the type of girl that would do whatever it took to be able to live her best life.

i started to think about her and her parents. she had enough on her plate, and i was only making things worse by bringing up unnecessary drama. like what happened with alex and jasmine.

i mean, she had so much potential and i'm sure she could do whatever the fuck she wanted with her life. she could become someone that would change the world. that would help others in need. that would live a long life with a loving family.

maybe i was a roadblock for her. maybe we weren't meant to be. maybe i was just holding her back.

~