forty

Mattia's pov:

"thank you man" i said and walked out of foot locker with a new pair of shoes.

i continued to walk around the mall for a while before i pulled out my phone and checked the time. it was almost chris's lunch break. i had spent hours in foot locker. damn was i looking at shoes for that long? maybe i just wanted to find the perfect pair to show chris. after drifting off in my thoughts for a while i heard a ding come from my phone.

"hey my lunch break is starting, wanna hit chipotle? or pizza? or subway? your choice" chris's text to me read.

"i'll meet you at chipotle" i wrote and sent to her, beginning to walk towards chipotle.

Christina's pov:

i walked up to mattia standing in line at chipotle. should i tell him that my psychopath dad tracked my fucking i.p. address and came to my work? eh mattia knew the whole story with my parents and he was literally one of the only two people i trust so why the hell not.

"so my dad came into my work today" i said with zero emotion starring down the menu.

"he what?" mattia said turning and looking at me with wide eyes.

obviously he was caught off guard by what i just said but i wasn't going to explain it while standing in line for fucking chipotle.

"i'll get a burrito..." i started.

Mattia's pov:

christina is telling me what her dad did. about how he sent her a check, tracked her shit, showed up at her work, and i was trying to figure out a good way to tell her that he's probably not the best person to get close to.

"but my mom kicked him out of the house. what am i supposed to do? not hear my own father out?" chris explained her side of the situation.

i heard her. she was right he seemed like he finally understood the pain he put her through. maybe i was thinking too much into it. maybe it was good for her to get in closer with her dad since her mom was never there.

"yeah. maybe you should let him in. don't give him too much shit for trying you know?" i explained.

"yeah" chris said and looked up from her food. "what's in the bag polibio?" she pointed to my foot locker bag.

i smiled and picked the bag up, placing it on my lap. i pulled out the shoe box, labeled 'jordan' and looked up to see chris smiling. i set the box on my lap and put the bag back on its original place on the floor. i opened the box up with a giant smile spread across my face. i pulled one of the shoes out and set it on the table, closing the box.

"i bought new shoes" i stated, looking at chris with wide eyes.

"aw you'll look so handsome in these polibio" she reached out to hold the shoe.

i handed it to her and as she checked the 'jordan' shoe out, i watched her. i saw her smiling. she liked them. thank god she liked them.

"you like them?" i asked curiously.

"of course these are sick. another day we should go out and get you an outfit to match these. you'll look so adorable" she smiled at me.

she handed the shoe back to me and as i put it back in the box, chris's phone begins to ring.

~