eighty three

Mattia's pov:

i left the warehouse. i left chris behind. i didn't know what to do. she never woke up. after four and a half hours of sitting on the floor next to her limp body. she never woke up.

"just pull into the parking lot" i told the uber as we pulled into the complex.

i got out and walked into my apartment. i threw myself on the bed and began to cry. i still loved her and i still wanted to be with her. i shouldn't have let her leave. i shouldn't have gone to get her coffee that day. i shouldn't have gotten a job in the first place. this was my fault.

"chris" i cried.

i wanted her back. i wanted to see her. i wanted to hear her voice. i wanted to kiss her lips.

she couldn't be gone. she couldn't be dead. this couldn't be real.

as i continued to cry, i felt my phone ring from my pocket. i was not in the mood to answer it so i let it ring out. before much longer i felt my phone start to ring again. i angrily picked it up and answered it.

"what" i said to whoever was on the phone.

"hello mattia can i talk to chris? she isn't answering her phone" the male voice on the other side of the phone spoke to me.

"i'm sorry who is this?" i questioned.

"this is her father. i am able to be released from the hospital today but someone from my emergency contact list must be here to check me out" chris's dad explained to me.

"hospital? you're in the hospital? what happened?" i asked him.

"my wife um" he refused to continue.

"oh my god i'm so sorry sir" i said sympathetically.

"yeah it's alright. could i speak to my daughter?" he asked me again.

"i'm so sorry sir chris is gone" i started to cry again.

"oh well just tell her when she comes back" the man requested.

"um no sir she's..." i couldn't finish my sentence.

"oh my god" don muttered from the other side of the phone.

~