seventy three

Mattia's pov:

we walked home and she asked if i wanted to spend the night at her apartment. i told her no, as i didn't really want to interfere with her life, put her in danger, or be a bad distraction to her any longer. i loved her with all my heart but i couldn't keep hurting her like this.

i was going to quit my job. the sole purpose of me getting a job was to get chris something that would make us closer, not tear us apart.

"hi this is mattia. i would like to submit my two week notice as i will be quitting my job" i explained to the male manager on the phone.

"okay perfect. and since you only worked in the back, there's no two week notice needed. have a great day and good luck mattia" he finished and hung up the call.

great. i didn't have to go into work anymore. i was finally able to get the fuck away from jasmine.

i was unsure about whether to still get chris that bracelet i wanted to buy her. i don't know, maybe it would be too much. and i don't even know if she really wants to be with me.

Christina's pov:

i asked mattia if he wanted to spend the night. he said no. my heart shattered into a million pieces as the old mattia would never pass up the opportunity to sleep over.

i wonder if he has relapsed. i didn't want to ask in case he got offended or something. but i did want him to be safe.

today was a lot. a lot of shit went down and i couldn't tell if mattia and i were okay still.

i mean, he said no to potential sex. who was i kidding, something was definitely wrong.

~