sixty nine

Christina's pov:

while mattia and i are talking and working things out together, i get a phone call.

"it's my dad" i told mattia.

i hadn't told mattia what had happened to him yet or that he was in the hospital. we had only been talking about what went on that morning with jasmine and my mom.

"go ahead" he motioned for me to answer it.

"hey dad" i picked up the phone.

"hey sweetheart. i just received an email that you might want to see" i heard my dad say.

"okay. screenshot and send it to me" i started to grow concerned.

"okay. love you" he told me.

"love you too dad. be safe" i hung up.

mattia asked me what he said and i told him. as i was about to finish reciting what my father had told me on the phone, i hear my phone ding with an imessage.

"attachment: 1 image" my dad sends me a picture of the email.

i read it and my mind was at a loss for words. alex and jasmine were plotting against us? and my mom? well my mom, that makes sense. but alex and jasmine. what the fuck.

"mattia..." my voice trailed off as i handed him my phone.

"holy shit..." he said quietly.

Mattia's pov:

fucking alex and jasmine. i knew alex was different from the start of this bullshit. and jasmine, it just makes so much sense. but why on god's green earth would a mother plot against her child? that i really didn't fucking understand.

"holy shit..." i finished reading the email.

they seemed to have some sort of plan. a plan to break me and chris up, which was successful. a plan to get chris's mom to get revenge on chris for running away, which was successful. a plan to get me to fall in love with jasmine and chris to fall in love with alex. jesus fucking chris.

ding

my phone notification went off with an imessage. it was a random, anonymous number.

"big mistake polibio" the message read.

"who is this" i sent back.

"you're 'sober' now huh? not for much longer" the text spelled out.

my dealer. he was mad that i wasn't going to buy from him this month. fuck. i was in trouble.

"who was that" chris asked me.

"no one. just a random number saying some nonsense" i lied to her.

it was best to keep her out of this. i didn't want anything to happen to her. i just knew something was bound to happen to me.

~