fourteen

Mattia's pov:

"how weird" i said as i walked, soberly, to answer the door.

"hey mattia" a familiar female voice stated cheerfully.

"chris? what's up?" i said, confused as to why she was at my door.

i knew i was sober but i wasn't quite sure if i looked the part. i observed the girl. most of the bruises had faded almost, if not, all the way. she looked like she had never done drugs a day in her life. damn. i must have the opposite vibe since i did drugs almost every day of my life. she looked happy, almost nervous to be here. huh.

"sorry to bother you. i just came over to see if you would want to maybe come over and eat dinner with me?" she asked with a shy voice.

she seemed anxious. i wonder why. i looked her up and down without being too sus. i didn't want to come off like the pedophile type.

"you want me, to come eat with you?" i said surprised because i've never been offered to come over to anyone's house before.

i wanted to ask her 'why me' because, well, why me? i started to wonder if she had any friends. probably not i'm assuming. she wouldn't choose me over a previous friend. maybe she was just trying to be nice. i don't know but i'm glad she thought about me.

"yeah i mean if it's okay with you" she said with a gigantic smile on her face.

as the smile on chris's face grew, it instantly made me grin. damn her happiness was contagious. no one had ever had this effect on me. what is going on. you fucking simp. you had feelings for her. shit.

"yeah sure. do you think you could give me like five minutes though?" i asked nicely.

"of course. just come over when you're ready" she smiled and walked away.

holy shit this girl was going to be the death of me. and i thought all these years it would be an overdose.

Christina's pov:

wow that was nerve-racking. but he said yes. i can't wait to have dinner with him.

yo wait. what the fuck am i thinking. he's a drug addict who hated me a few weeks ago. but he said yes to dinner, maybe i had a chance. chris. stop. he's a drug addict. listen to yourself.

i continued thinking about mattia and what the fuck was going on in my brain. i seemed to have gotten lost in my head for a while because i was more than startled when i heard a knock at the door.

~