ninety one

Mattia's pov:

i got into the uber as i got off the phone with my network carrier. they said that they would email me the i.p. address of the number that called me. i told them the entire story. of course, condensed into maybe 20 minutes.

"okay and you should've received the email already" the lady on the other line told me.

"thank you. have a good one" i hung up.

the uber hadn't said a word to me since i got in the car, other than taking the location i gave him. i mean of course i was on the phone but it made me a little suspicious.

"hey man. i'm sorry that was a very important call" i explained to the driver.

"no worries bro. your destination is coming up here. a few streets down" he pointed ahead of the car.

"perfect thank you" i sighed, relieved, and then laid back in my seat.

not long after, we got to the location. it was at a house. the house looked nice, not busted or abandoned or anything. i got out and thanked the uber, then watched him drive away.

"well. here goes nothing" i walked to the house and found the door.

i knocked quietly on the door before i heard footsteps. i saw and heard the knob jiggle. my pulse increased, my breathing hitched, and my legs went somewhat numb.

"he's here boss" a female voice said, opening the door and moving out of the way for me to enter.

"chris?" i looked the familiar girl dead in the eyes.

~