fifty seven

Mattia's pov:

"i don't feel safe mattia" i watched my girl breakdown.

i wanted to help her. i wanted to hold her. i wanted to tell her everything was going to be okay. but that would be a lie. i didn't know if everything was going to be okay. i didn't want false hope to make the situation worse.

"let me hold you bubba" i hugged her.

i didn't know what else to do. what else was there to do?

Christina's pov:

my mom was right outside that door and i was in danger. there was no use in calling 911 because i don't have any of the bruises to prove she did anything. i had hickeys but they were obviously not marks from previous abuse. abuse in the sheets maybe.

"i love you mattia" i told him, crying into his chest.

"i love you too mamas i won't let anything happen to you okay? how can i help?" he asked me, trying to make the situation a little bit better.

i didn't answer. i continued to cry into his chest while he held me. i know he hated seeing me like this. if there was anything he could do to ease the pain i know he fucking would. no hesitation. but i couldn't put him in danger.

i realized that anywhere i fucking went, i wasn't going to be safe. i couldn't trust anyone. could i trust mattia? maybe this entire thing was a setup and that's how my mom found me. fuck maybe i'm overthinking it.

i pulled away from mattia's grip once again and after a few seconds my tears subsided.

"can i trust you?" i asked mattia, looking down at my fingers that were fidgeting with each other.

"of course you can mamas. you're the only person i've ever had and the love of my life. why would i ever do something that could jeopardize our relationship?" he spoke.

my brain was beyond confused and i wasn't 100% sure if i could trust anyone anymore. including mattia which fucking sucks but i can't just be throwing myself clear into danger. that's fucking pointless.

"okay" i said.

~